PDA

View Full Version : LW 2015 - ABF UV Unwrap not working

JBT27
11-27-2014, 03:29 PM
The only thing I'm getting from ABF UV Unwrap is 'Could not execute unwrap command!'

Works fine in 11.6.3 - though I don't have 11.6.3 and 2015 running simultaneously. All other UV tools appear to be working, including the PLG set.

I reinstalled the apps - made no difference; then removed the entire 2015 configs folder, forcing Modeler to generate a new one - same problem.

Anyone else see this, or is it working and it's something here?

Thanks.

Julian.

Sekhar
11-27-2014, 04:15 PM
The only thing I'm getting from ABF UV Unwrap is 'Could not execute unwrap command!'

Works fine in 11.6.3 - though I don't have 11.6.3 and 2015 running simultaneously. All other UV tools appear to be working, including the PLG set.

I reinstalled the apps - made no difference; then removed the entire 2015 configs folder, forcing Modeler to generate a new one - same problem.

Thanks.

Julian.

Yeah, same error here on 2015.

jboudreau
11-27-2014, 04:20 PM

Thanks.

Julian.

Hi Julian

Same issue here on the trial version of 2015 so I'm thinking it's a bug. I would report it

Thanks,
Jason

Kryslin
11-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Same thing here, bug report away!

zapper1998
11-27-2014, 05:05 PM
dang it...... I was just going to ... bang yep not worky here to..

:(

djwaterman
11-27-2014, 06:45 PM
I reported it to, this is shaping up to be one of the buggiest releases to date.

jboudreau
11-27-2014, 07:28 PM
I reported it to, this is shaping up to be one of the buggiest releases to date.

Yeah I have to agree

What ever happened to when the lightwave team use to send out beta versions or test versions for everyone here to test before they made it the official version? Don't take this the wrong way but many simple bugs are being missed by the beta testing team. I just simply opened up the program tried one of the new features and bang bug found. I think they need to go back to the old way where we all could test the versions before they were officially released.

Thanks,
Jason

OlaHaldor
11-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Mind you.. I believe, and this is my personal opinion, the way the mood on the forum have been the past weeks, they made a hasty release of the software to keep us in check, in the loop, keep us updated etc. Perhaps that's the reason for some of the bugs we see? It's just speculation obviously..

djwaterman
11-28-2014, 03:00 AM
They had beta testers and presumably in those versions a lot of these things were working, then when they gathered it all up into the release version things must of got missed. As long as we put in those reports they can get us a patch sometime early next year, I'm sure most are easy fixes ( I know nothing about these things, just an artist).

50one
11-28-2014, 04:14 AM
They had beta testers and presumably in those versions a lot of these things were working, then when they gathered it all up into the release version things must of got missed. As long as we put in those reports they can get us a patch sometime early next year, I'm sure most are easy fixes ( I know nothing about these things, just an artist).

Woot?

I've participated in quite a few Betas and unless LWG is doing something different - but the usuall way of handling beta is to release a XX version to all testers(wait for feedback) and give them YY version with fixes....Release the product.
"Things got missed" :D:D:D:thumbsup:

JBT27
11-28-2014, 05:59 AM
It's certainly the flakiest release for a while - don't know about rushing it out to keep us happy, but I'm surprised such obvious bugs have got through.

hrgiger
11-28-2014, 06:00 AM

Maybe its a good sign that some things are breaking... maybe they are actually changing things under the hood.

JBT27
11-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Maybe its a good sign that some things are breaking... maybe they are actually changing things under the hood.

Quite possibly - I found yesterday that the Lscipt Quad Sphere no longer works - more surprising perhaps, but it does hint at significant changes under the hood. Yep - it's a good thing.

50one
11-28-2014, 06:20 AM
...in that case - (based on assumptions) - We should be happy then! :D

JBT27
11-28-2014, 06:51 AM
...in that case - (based on assumptions) - We should be happy then! :D

Yes - I think we should be happy, or at least optimistic - although it'd be nice if they hadn't screwed up ABF for now :D

Sekhar
11-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes - I think we should be happy, or at least optimistic - although it'd be nice if they hadn't screwed up ABF for now :D

You guys are so "glass may be half empty, but it kind of looks full if I see from the top" people, easily pleased and willing to forgive any/everything...dream customers for any firm. To me, 2015 seems like a strange release. It's like NT had a solid plan with a good/consistent feature set (and a strong headline feature they can market with), but decided to stop and release what they had instead because they had to meet a deadline...kind of like: "hey, let's just go with what we have now." I wish they took the time to finish what they were planning...but may be they would., who knows? Rob, if you're planning to release the rest (assuming there is more) before the next major release, could you confirm that?

JBT27
11-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Hmm - only sort of. I can see what it is and wonder how such fundamental bugs slipped through. Not too happy about having to wait for a patch because I'm wondering what else is bust. But then there is some optimism about code rewrites and what that means, even though what I personally would like to see native in LW will take years and years, if it's even on the drawing board. But I've still got 11.6.3 and keen to try out the new stuff in 2015 - at least all of us can see more bugs, because either LW3DG didn't bother to fix them before releasing this version, or the beta testers didn't report them - that latter I find hard to believe. Though as some core workflow is also bust, interactivity in VPR, and the newest primary UV tool, I wouldn't have released in this state.

Snosrap
11-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Even console games are getting public betas nowadays. The more people you have mucking about the more the bugs will rear their ugly heads. Even some bugs got on the 2015 feature video. :) http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144631-Render-error-on-the-2015-feature-video

OnlineRender
11-28-2014, 10:40 AM
FYI , UV eps export is broke and been reported...

which indicates they have been doing stuff to UV's * I hope

jboudreau
11-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Even console games are getting public betas nowadays. The more people you have mucking about the mokre the bugs will rear their ugly heads.

Exactly what I was trying to say. I could of swore they use to do this a while back. Why don't they do this anymore. On another note how do you become a beta tester?

Thanks
Jason