PDA

View Full Version : LW 2015 - New surface clipmap feature ... visibility in modeler

adk
11-26-2014, 07:07 PM
First of all I'm loving the 2015 surface clipmap additions which are a huge deal for me. Thanks a bunch LW3DG !!

Can I please request that these are somehow visible in modeler tho. I realise this is legacy modeler / openGL related but as it stands we still need to copy the settings to transparency or some other channel to have any visual feedback as to what these clipmaps actually do & look like. Which is a bit of a workflow killer. Cheers

3dworks
11-27-2014, 01:05 AM
+1 opengl needs finally to be updated for showing clip maps in layout and modeler. this is embarassing for a '2015' 3d program.

Photogram
11-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah we need that in modeler and a camera view in modeler ;) or model in layout!

tyrot
11-29-2014, 12:14 PM
photogram... i still cannot believe we do not have this feature...it is really something at least im crying for 7-8 years

Photogram
12-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I know i dream about that since many years..

I'm very happy with the new workflow in modeler! finally don't need anymore to click on the side or add a shortcuts to drop selection!!!
The new modeler 2015 version is very stable and seems a bit more powerfull handling large amount of polygons.
The new falloff are very welcome :)
Color spaces on opengl is better.
New clipmap feature need to be add to modeler.
Actually i sculpt with airbrush and a morph map... I hope getting a smooth aibrush while waiting for real sculpt tools.

The thing i usually need is the ability to sculpt over a mesh with a front projection image as reference.
I almost convert 2D pictures to 3D for lenticular models. Lightwave is the only software with the ability to show many layers with transparency. In Modo it is impossible and with C4D the transparency are very bad...

Cheers Newtek for the hardwork on modeler, i'm sure you are preparing something for the future of our beloved modeler!