PDA

View Full Version : Buttons greyed out! Help!

Airwaves
11-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I have a problem. On my workstation I made a scene and was ready to package scene to my computer that is the server for the render farm. I opened up the scene on that computer and found this (see image)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 11.6.3 but I cannot get it working. It is just on that computer that has the problem. I have two licenses - one for my work computer and the server computer so that should not be a problem. Please if anybody knows a solution or something to try please let me know. Thanks

bobakabob
11-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Find your LW config cfg files and delete them all. They must have corrupted. This would have saved you the pain of reinstalling.

Airwaves
11-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Find your LW config cfg files and delete them all. They must have corrupted. This would have saved you the pain of reinstalling.

Any idea where to find those and is there a down side to deleting them?

Airwaves
11-26-2014, 04:37 PM
I found them and now it is working again. Thank you so much for the quick solution. Thank you.

ernpchan
11-26-2014, 11:48 PM
I would recommend saving out your menu and keyboard shortcut configs. This way you can easily restore them without having to obliterate your configs.

Niko3D
11-27-2014, 07:17 AM
I think the solution is very easy...
Go to Edit>Edit Menu Layout...on top of the window there's PRESETS...choose for example "10 Style" and later Reselect "DEFAULT".

I think works...

Skonk
11-28-2014, 04:47 AM
They really should add a "Load in Safe Mode" shortcut or something to the default install that forces a config rebuild on load.

So many issues with Lightwave are fixed by deleting the configs but most people would never know to do it and resort to uninstalling/reinstalling which doesn't fix anything since it doesn't remove the offending config files.