PDA

View Full Version : My point of view

umbcel
11-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Hi everybody,

I picked up some of your posts.

There is still somebody waiting improvement in stability and maybe about new added features, even people making some other kind of evaluation.

I'd like to share my point of view with everybody of you about my choice to upgrade immediately.

I am a long-standing Lightwave user, since the release 4.0.

I witnessed a succession of many versions, as well many promotional events and viral campaign targeted to arouse the interest of the users to promote the launch of a new release.

Today, more than ever I can see a NewTek so transparent, real, human, closer to users, open to their needs, and not for big studios only.

The new release appeared so suddenly and sooner than expected.

Haven't been used sophisticated marketing techniques to promote and launch this new release, but only a simple ad.

This for me has great meaning.

A clearly message I picked up: the real possibility to innovate and create interest without to have to resort to other commercial expedients.

For this reason, I did the upgrade immediately, not because I need to use this new version, although at this point I decided that in the future I will use only that one.

I firmly believe in Lightwave Group and the serious work that is being done in our interest.

So I thought, well, there are people around the world who donate money through crowdfunding campaigns, why not immediately update then, given the low cost of the upgrade even gratifying Lightwave Group for the excellent work they perform consistently?

When I purchased the upgrade I felt in my heart that I was not just buying a product.

I think I've contributed to something more, and I am sure that in the future we'll talk about it again and again with the same enthusiasm.

Regards to everybody

Umberto

CaptainMarlowe
11-26-2014, 03:59 PM
I tend to agree, with one notable exception - I haven't upgraded - YET. :)
Only matter of weeks when I have some spare time, though. Since I've joined the LW wagon, each new version has added new possibilities for me (even 10.1) and opened new horizons. So I prefer to give my money to the LW3DG for them to enhance my tool of choice instead of looking somewhere else.

gerry_g
11-26-2014, 04:54 PM
laudable but a POV easier to preach if you own other software to fill the gaps

lino.grandi
11-27-2014, 03:43 AM
Thank you Umberto for your very kind words and support.

This really gives us a lot of positive energy.

And be sure we're going to use it to make more and more LightWave users always happier!

Wolfgang Mildne
11-27-2014, 08:30 AM
... Today, more than ever I can see a NewTek so transparent, real, human, closer to users, open to their needs, and not for big studios only...

... I firmly believe in Lightwave Group and the serious work that is being done in our interest. ...

Umberto

+1000,

yes that is true and I believe that Lightwave has overcome the hard times of the Hard-Core experiment. Glad to see that my investment in HC pays off until today.

Thank you Lightwave Group Team.

umbcel
11-28-2014, 06:26 AM
laudable but a POV easier to preach if you own other software to fill the gaps

Exists in the world a perfect software that can do everything so excellent?

gerry_g
11-28-2014, 06:48 AM
I said gaps meaning gaps as in no decent uv tool set (still), baking was awful for years (several hours to produce a 512x512 occlusion map !!)CC uv mapping a joke, no retopo tools no micro poly displacement and so on, love Lightwave hate the gaps, hey that sounds catchy, could be the new rebel cry ?