PDA

View Full Version : VPR question in 2015...

Snosrap
11-26-2014, 12:21 PM
.... how do you save an image from VPR? In 11.6 there was a disk icon to save. I don't see that in 2015.

ernpchan
11-26-2014, 12:22 PM
You sure? It should be to the left of the navigation icons.

prometheus
11-26-2014, 01:53 PM
.... how do you save an image from VPR? In 11.6 there was a disk icon to save. I don't see that in 2015.

Let me know it they improved on that too, I was a little annoyed that the saving extension canīt use scenefilenames, if they put a checkbox "use scenefilename" that would be great, would be so much easier to just save image without having to write the scenename for image saving.
But first things first, let me know when you find the saving options:)

- - - Updated - - -

by the way....the disc icon to save is still there in 11.6, (there was):D

spherical
11-26-2014, 04:38 PM
What would be good is to have the location follow the Content Directory specification and put them in Renders. All dropped into one spot, sequentially numbered isn't the best, IMO.

Snosrap
11-26-2014, 06:19 PM
You sure? It should be to the left of the navigation icons. Not that I can see. I'm testing using the Discovery addition, I wonder if that's it?

prometheus
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Not that I can see. I'm testing using the Discovery addition, I wonder if that's it?

yepp..I just installed 2015..was a bit messy with issues with dongles..had to be removed, and then the drag and drop license didnīt work until I started modeler from the the hub..which by the way didnīstart up with layout..had to start that seperatly.

when I tested in discovery mode...the vpr button for image saving werenīt there...in trial mode...now it is there.

Snosrap
11-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah that makes sense as watermarking VPR would be a poor way to try and sell a seat. :)

prometheus
11-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Yeah that makes sense as watermarking VPR would be a poor way to try and sell a seat. :)

I donīt see an issue with watermarking..if it isnīt all over the screen as it does after some days with ozone and vue, initially theres a small watermark below the image..but after a while it becomes even uncheckabl, the way houdini does it is Great..it doesnīt interfere with it too much, but it is there making it unusable for commercial rendering, and the best part...almost fully working
and no time expiration so you can learn it for years and be sure that this is what you want, or use it in schools.

Snosrap
11-26-2014, 09:59 PM
I donīt see an issue with watermarking..if it isnīt all over the screen as it does after some days with ozone and vue, initially theres a small watermark below the image..but after a while it becomes even uncheckabl, the way houdini does it is Great..it doesnīt interfere with it too much, but it is there making it unusable for commercial rendering, and the best part...almost fully working
and no time expiration so you can learn it for years and be sure that this is what you want, or use it in schools. Yeah I was thinking more on the lines of the checkerboard that an F9 gives you while in Discovery. But yes some watermarks aren't to bad.

Andy Webb
11-27-2014, 06:50 AM
The save icon is there on my discovery version, saves out ok.

Cheers

Snosrap
11-27-2014, 08:03 AM
The save icon is there on my discovery version, saves out ok.

Cheers Discovery version with a 30 day license or the one without and has a 400 point limit on saving objects? I'm mucking around with the latter. :)

Andy Webb
11-27-2014, 09:42 AM
The 30 day license version... that's probably why

Snosrap
11-27-2014, 12:16 PM
The 30 day license version... that's probably why

Most likely - thanks.

jeric_synergy
11-27-2014, 02:56 PM
What would be good is to have the location follow the Content Directory specification .....
The ignoring of the Content Directory specs has been a problem for a long time. Seems like LHF to me, but there it is.