PDA

View Full Version : How does the Match Perspective work in 2015?

Snosrap
11-26-2014, 11:24 AM
I've gone through the doc's and everything seems good but I can't get a good match for the life of me. The tools in the Match Perspective numeric panel seem to want to send me down the right path but what do the large green, red and blue handles do? Also how do get those handles back up once they've disappeared?

Thanks

Matt
11-26-2014, 11:30 AM
I've gone through the doc's and everything seems good but I can't get a good match for the life of me. The tools in the Match Perspective numeric panel seem to want to send me down the right path but what do the large green, red and blue handles do? Also how do get those handles back up once they've disappeared?

Thanks

You have 6 handles. Each colour coded for X, Y and Z axis. Place each of the 2 handles for each axis along the corresponding axis in the background photo you're trying to match to.

I'll be doing a video on this soon.

Snosrap
11-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks Matt, I'll be looking forward to the video. I've kept at in the last few minutes and I am figuring it out though. :) After re-reading the doc's and going through the steps it came together really well. I am really pleased with the match I got. I must say I'm impressed. It's so cool to set the origin and a known height etc. to get to the perfect camera placement. Congrats on a fine addition to LW.

SteveH
12-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Matt - I occasionally have to do camera matching where I might have 4 or 5 light poles that show up in the photo. I know the location of where those poles are - and where the camera was. Those poles and perhaps a road might be the only things to show up in the photo to help me line up. It was a bit*h to do it before. I'm hoping this new tool will help out immensely. I've just now started reading about it in the manual. I can't wait for a tutorial!

Snosrap
12-05-2014, 11:33 AM
SteveH, I've found this to be super easy and very useful and just on Wednesday used it to complete a project for our marketing people. I plan on doing a quick tute soon.

MAUROCOR
12-05-2014, 11:38 AM
You have 6 handles. Each colour coded for X, Y and Z axis. Place each of the 2 handles for each axis along the corresponding axis in the background photo you're trying to match to.

I'll be doing a video on this soon.

This feature is great! So simple and fast! Congrats for that!;)

Snosrap
12-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Hey guy's I made a crappy tut here:) http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144745-LW2015-Match-Perspective-tutorial

Mr. Wilde
03-11-2015, 01:16 AM
Match Perspective works great.

It would be cool if one could define a rectangle on the floor (or even better on any XY, XZ, YZ plane) with dimensions. That would make it easier to solve the focal length.