PDA

View Full Version : Pin Tool: setting brush size?

Spinland
11-26-2014, 12:06 PM
I've been following the YouTube tutorial about revealing a logo amid a pile of falling objects. The author uses CS to pin the objects when they fall into a desired formation.

At that point he mentions setting the brush size, and the screen shows this large red circle with a short axis coming out of it, but he doesn't say how he changed the size nor can I find that mentioned in the manual. There is a small HUD with a draggable control but that has no effect at all on what I see on my screen, which is just the cursor pointer and nothing seems to affect the brush size at all. I get just a tiny dot at the cursor's tip even when I dragged the slider to over 100m and at no time do I ever see the large red circle and my apparent brush affected size seems very small the whole time. Since I can't affect the brush size selecting the dozens of parts becomes rather tedious.

I'm running the most recent version of CS (just downloaded it yesterday) on a 2014 Mac Pro running Yosemite.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Spinland
11-26-2014, 04:26 PM
The RMB also seems to have no effect. There seems to be no way to change the brush size for any of the tools. Is this a bug in the Mac version?

Spinland
11-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Okay, I rebooted my system and started over and now the brush size control appears to be working like it should. Guess it's just been a gremlin in the machine.

ON EDIT: it wasn't the reboot that did it. I tried it again on my MacBook Pro this time and had the same issue. The fix was to slide the "Hardness" control all the way over to 100%. The brush gizmo turned yellow and then started to work, allowing me to resize it and everything. Once I turned the Hardness back to zero the brush control continued to work properly.

Weird.