PDA

View Full Version : LW2015 menues

Andy Webb
11-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Two questions concerning the menus in LW2015.

1. where has the search button on the Edit Menus panel gone, trying to find plugins to add to my menus is hopeless, I can't find anything :stumped:

2. has the 'Studio Menu' layout been updated for 2015 if not which menu layout shows all the new tools?

Cheers

VermilionCat
11-25-2014, 06:23 AM
1. In the top left corner, there's a search function built in.

Andy Webb
11-25-2014, 06:30 AM
1. In the top left corner, there's a search function built in.

I'm not being very observant today it seems!!

Chrusion
09-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Hmmm... the date of the OP is almost 2 years ago! Has LW2015 really been out for two years already? Wow.

Anyway, on this topic of sorts... how do you REARRANGE / REORDER menu tabs (Modeler specifically)?

Dragging and dropping a root group or sub-group in the Configure Menu Editor to a new ROOT location does not work (anymore?)... that is, click-dragging a root group WITHIN a category (in this case, Main Menu) shows the white placement line, just like it does when dragging an individual tool name, but dragging it between two other root groups (or to the top or bottom of the list in the category, making sure not to indent it to the second level, then releasing the mouse button results in the dragged root group not moving to the desired location. If you indent to the second position, then the root group is moved INTO the root group just above the white line and becomes a sub-group... NOT what I want AND you can't move it back OUT of the root group to where it was or UNDO the action, so you're left to rebuild that menu from scratch.

The other intuitive method of dragging an actual menu tab (outside of the editor) doesn't do anything, either.

There HAS to be a way to rearrange your menu tabs other than by creating a new, empty, root group (in the right place), renaming, and dragging all the tools from the old one into the new one, repeat for 3 or 4 times for other tabs that weren't created in the "right" place to begin with.

What am I missing? Cuz I'm positive this was what I was able to do in LW 9 and 10 and that 11 or 2015 is when it 'broke.'

prometheus
09-08-2016, 07:32 AM
I can create any group as I want and name and drag and drop in various tab, I can also take a newly created plugin tab and drag that and place under another plugin tab, but from there and pull it back is harder, ctrl and drag may remove it.
but I really donīt see the issue, you can create groups as you want and reorder how you see fit, maybe I do not see the essence of your request here?
Tested in 2015.3

If you mean you have a main group you want to move further down and you canīt because it just places itself under another main group..that may be correct from within configure menu, if you want to change order I am not sure you can do that with some trick in the configure menu, but you can just move the tabs in the main menus themself, not in the config menu window, just left mouse click and drag the menu to the left or right.

Chrusion
09-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Ah HA! MIDDLE-click and drag directly on the menu tabs is the trick!

As you said, you can create sub-groups and move them anywhere in a root group or out of one root group into another root group, because the white placement line says you can. This is intuitive behavior, as is being able to move a root group INTO another root group to become a sub-group. What is counter intuitive is being unable to drag a sub-group back OUT of the root group to the top level or move root groups around at the top level, even though the white line says you can.

prometheus
09-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Ah HA! MIDDLE-click and drag directly on the menu tabs is the trick!

As you said, you can create sub-groups and move them anywhere in a root group or out of one root group into another root group, because the white placement line says you can. This is intuitive behavior, as is being able to move a root group INTO another root group to become a sub-group. What is counter intuitive is being unable to drag a sub-group back OUT of the root group to the top level or move root groups around at the top level, even though the white line says you can.

Middle click? I see no difference whatsoever from left mouse click and drag.

Chrusion
09-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Well, definitely NO dragging going on here with left-click.

Win 7 x64, LW 2015.3 x64, Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB, Quadro K2000.