PDA

View Full Version : LW 2015 Edit Edges possible bug?

djwaterman
11-25-2014, 05:43 AM
I'm on the trial, so I don't know if this is a bug or not as I don't have the documentation, but it sure seems buggy. I'm talking about Edit Edges in Modeler. Rather than try to explain it I made a private password protected video (I don't want this floating out there on the web creating the wrong impression).

https://vimeo.com/112801822

The password is bug?

Can anyone tell me if they're also experiencing this behavior? Can anyone from LW3DG explain it?

allabulle
11-25-2014, 06:12 AM
I can't check it out right now, but you do have the pdf in the docs folder. I know I have it.

djwaterman
11-25-2014, 06:31 AM
Okay, thanks. Reading them they don't mention clicking and dragging when creating edge loops. So does this mean the new operation is to right click and create an edge loop, and then left click to slide that edge? Replace a one click operation with a two click operation? LWG, that can't be right, say it ain't so, that slows down something that was smooth as butter in LW 11.

Lewis
11-25-2014, 06:35 AM
I just get this:

"Sorry, that password was incorrect. Please try again."

lino.grandi
11-25-2014, 06:42 AM
I think that's a bug!
Please report it!

zardoz
11-25-2014, 07:11 AM
yep it's a bug I checked it.
if you click with rmb it will add an edge, and if you don't release the rmb and then slide it, if you click again with the rmb on another edge it won't slide too. Only if you slide at least one edge it won't slide when rmb clicking.
and after this if you slide it with lmb it works fine, with rmb it jumps

jboudreau
11-25-2014, 07:18 AM
I just get this:

"Sorry, that password was incorrect. Please try again."

The password is bug? you have to add the "?"

hope this helps
Jason

djwaterman
11-25-2014, 07:24 AM
I'll sound like a dill, but how do I send a report?

lino.grandi
11-25-2014, 07:36 AM
I'll sound like a dill, but how do I send a report?

From your user account:

https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/submit/

jboudreau
11-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Hi Guys

It's definitely a bug happens here as well.

Sorry just watched the video again and noticed what I has said djwaterman had in his video. Hope they fix this one fast since it an awesome tool when working.

Thanks,
Jason

djwaterman
11-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Oh, I just went through that Fogbugz thing, is it the same thing as the user account one? Anyway, I did both.

djwaterman
11-25-2014, 08:00 AM
By the way, the link Lino provided worked and took me to the correct page, but when I just tried to find that page by myself I can't find it anywhere on the support page of the website, even though it is obviously there since I can get to it with the link. Why so obscure and how could anybody else find it if they didn't have the link? Or am I just not seeing something really obvious?

jboudreau
11-25-2014, 08:07 AM
By the way, the link Lino provided worked and took me to the correct page, but when I just tried to find that page by myself I can't find it anywhere on the support page of the website, even though it is obviously there since I can get to it with the link. Why so obscure and how could anybody else find it if they didn't have the link? Or am I just not seeing something really obvious?

That's way easier to report than using fogbugz. But you are right djwaterman no report link on the website? Please fix this newtek

If you notice on the right side you can press show all reports so you can see all the fogbugs you reported and see the ones that are still open.

Thanks,
Jason

zardoz
11-25-2014, 08:07 AM
go to your login page where you can download lightwave, then it is at the bottom on the right, it says 'Submit new report'...if you don't have it, contact support

jboudreau
11-25-2014, 08:10 AM
go to your login page where you can download lightwave, then it is at the bottom on the right, it says 'Submit new report'...if you don't have it, contact support

Not here it doesn't, Only submit button I see at the bottom of the page is submit to gallery.

Update: Just e-mailed support regarding this.

Thanks,
Jason

jboudreau
11-25-2014, 08:21 AM
From your user account:

https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/submit/

Hi Lino

Not everyone has this in their account for some reason can you look into this

Thanks,
Jason

ncr100
11-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Go here https://fogbugz.newtek.com
Then click on Enter New Case
Then fill in all the boxes

jboudreau
11-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Go here https://fogbugz.newtek.com
Then click on Enter New Case
Then fill in all the boxes

Yeah that's how I did it before but the new link that Lino sent is way better

Thanks,
Jason

zardoz
11-25-2014, 09:00 AM
send an email to [email protected]

Kryslin
11-25-2014, 11:12 AM
I can duplicate it on my end and have submitted a bug report. I never noticed it, though, because I'd use the right click to create the edge, and then left click and drag to move it...

ncr100
11-26-2014, 01:38 AM
Yeah that's how I did it before but the new link that Lino sent is way better

Thanks,
Jason

Sure.

I see what you mean Jason. The 'report' link works for me but is a hidden link. I wonder if it'll replace FogBugz.

I wonder if they all go into the same bucket?

Every4thPixel
11-26-2014, 03:29 AM
This is really bugging me!

jboudreau
11-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Sure.

I see what you mean Jason. The 'report' link works for me but is a hidden link. I wonder if it'll replace FogBugz.

I wonder if they all go into the same bucket?

I think they are in the middle of implementing this, I got this message from the support team

"You wont - just as of yet that is still being worked on for end users."

On another note I reported a fog bug last night using the link Lino provided and it worked great. The development team got the message and it now show up in the reports

Jason

djwaterman
11-26-2014, 08:50 PM
Here is the status on this problem.

"Fixed -This should not be the case in the next available build.

Before you ask - no, I do not have a time frame on a patch.

Thank you for your report."
--
LightWave 3D Group Support

They'll have to fix some of the other things that have been reported as well, I'll just wait for the next patch before upgrading.

chikega
11-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Bug confirmed on my end.

jeric_synergy
11-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Not here it doesn't, Only submit button I see at the bottom of the page is submit to gallery.
Update: Just e-mailed support regarding this.
Thanks,
Jason
So, you're not seeing this on your page???

djwaterman
11-26-2014, 10:53 PM
That might only be for charter members.

jeric_synergy
11-26-2014, 11:09 PM
That might only be for charter members.
How odd.

jboudreau
11-26-2014, 11:29 PM
So, you're not seeing this on your page???

Hi Jeric

I don't see that on my page and I'm a charter member. I was told by support that they are in the middle of putting this feature into users accounts so it just might not of been implemented for everyone yet

Jason

jboudreau
11-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Hi Jeric

I don't see that on my page and I'm a charter member. I was told by support that they are in the middle of putting this feature into users accounts so it just might not of been implemented for everyone yet

Jason

UPDATE:

I Just check in my account and it now has been implemented

djwaterman
11-27-2014, 01:18 AM
Yep, just checked, same here. Good one LW team.

allabulle
11-27-2014, 02:41 AM
Yup, here too. Nice and useful.