PDA

View Full Version : getting my image sequences into 23.976...

stylus10
11-23-2014, 07:12 PM
i have set my frame rate to 23.976 everywhere i can find. under options in layout and every where else i know about. what am i missing? every time i load the sequence into after effects it reads as 30fps. then i have to interpolate which causes problems in the compression codec. (avid DNxHD) how do i output image sequences in 23.976?

for instance i load the clip into after effects and it's 30fps. i load the same clip into premiere and it's 23.976. can someone explain this? i am so stumped.

ernpchan
11-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Just change the framerate in AE by going to the interpret footage window for your footage. By default AE imports as 30. There's no way for AE to know your intended framerate in an image sequence. If you work in 23.976 a lot you can change your import settings in AE's preferences.

djwaterman
11-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Yeah, an image sequence is just a series of images, it doesn't contain any information on frame rate. You set that when you play the image sequence later. But you do have to set the correct frame rate in Layout because that will determine the correct amount of frames are rendered for that timing.

The only place I ever check frame rate settings in Layout is;
Layout/Edit/General options/Gen,

Is there any other options? As far as I know I don't think so.

stylus10
11-23-2014, 08:47 PM
thank you so much! you have saved me! well, pretty much. :)