PDA

View Full Version : Panther and Screamernet?

Johnny
11-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Hate to post an additional thread, but haven't seen this discussed...

Can anyone report how well a Panther Mac behaves as a ScreamerNet node? I know that people are having various problems as they model or do layout/animation under Panther.

I plan to keep the G5 running under 10.2.7 until I hear that LW and Panther get along better, but would like to install Panther onto the Dual G4, which I would want to use just for network rendering.

Thanks!

Johnny

fronzel
12-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Well I had to go back to jaguar because panther broke my graph editor. The other G4's on my network are all panther. And I can't get the panther nodes to open a job file. I don't know what the solution is but If I find a way to coax the panthers I'll let you know.

I'm using the thrid party screamer net controller wich takes about half of the pain away. I haven't tried the default version yet.

Good move not upgrading I really got burned on this one.

skippy
12-05-2003, 03:03 PM
sorry about your difficulties with Panther nodes, but thanks for posting..good information to know!

S

fronzel
12-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Ok I got the panther nodes running.

I had to use (command K) to conect to the host machine and type in the IP address.

Connecting this way will show the drives on the desktop like it did before panther.

Also I copied the screamer net app onto the node. Insted of using an alais like I use to do.