11-16-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi,

MangaStudio got a free update
from
MangaStudio (EX) 5.0.4
to
MangaStudio (EX) 5.0.5

http://manga.smithmicro.com/updates.html

On my machine (Windows 7) I can now choose WinTab and Tablet PC driver. In the past it was only WinTab. Could be relatet to Windows patches though?
But drawing feels faster. Before the update I felt that especially brushes with stabilization were a little laggy (very little lag but somehow noticible). This is gone now. Even with A3 sized paper and 600 dpi it goes smooth.
But maybe it's only in my imagination. Anyway, because SmithMicro did not send out a note about the update to me I thought I share the information here.

By the way,
is it:

its only in my imagination
or
it's only ....

I always struggle with this English ' thing.

Dodgy
11-16-2014, 04:28 AM
It (i)s only in your imagination. The apostrophe stands in for a letter. "Its" is the possessive: its hand, its head, its money.

Cool, I'll have to download it.

Greenlaw
11-16-2014, 04:45 AM
Sigh! I'm soooo far behind in my comics. I keep downloading the Manga Studio 5 EX updates but I haven't had a chance to use version 5 at all yet (I'm a long time MS EX user since version 3.) Just too busy with work this past year. (That's not a complaint but sometimes it's a mixed blessing.) :(

Right now we're tied up on our second project in Anime Studio. Once we're done with that, I have a bunch of new comic strips I want to catch up on, and I hope to create them in Manga Studio 5 EX.

Thanks for the heads up though. I might as well be ready to draw comics again when I'm able to. :)

G.

Davewriter
11-16-2014, 10:41 PM
I was born here (the US) and I struggle with English.
My Chinese wifes best friend moved to Germany and married a very nice man.
So she speaks either 4 or 5 languages.
My wife speaks 4ish.
And if I can get through a sentence without embarassing myself too much, it's a good day.
A big tip of the hat to all of you who are blessed with the patience and talent.

madno
11-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys,
I think I got it somehow:
if I could write "it is" then it could also be "it's"
otherwise it is likely be "its":
So something like:
"Its color is green"
and
"It's a green color"

Dodgy
11-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Top marks that man!

Rayek
11-22-2014, 02:36 AM
I loose myself at spelling wierd words; and their is definately alot of english words more harder then other languages, e.g. difficult ones. But weather that effects me depends on the mood your in and whom is reading it, i.e. my wifes' brother.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

gerry_g
11-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Not sure if that was intentional irony but WEATHER is what is happening outside the window, WHETHER is doubt or choice, so whether you meant weather or whether you really meant whether I'm not sure so I'll put it down to comic intent and you just showing off your linguistic skills

djwaterman
11-22-2014, 04:30 AM
I loose myself at spelling wierd words; http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

You spelled weird in a weird way. And your "lose" is a little loose.

Dodgy
11-22-2014, 07:03 PM
LOL Just about every word in Rayek's sentences were wrong......I think it is intentional, yes :)

Rayek
11-22-2014, 07:46 PM
LOL Just about every word in Rayek's sentences were wrong......I think it is intentional, yes :)

There are 18 mistakes in all, I believe.

Btw, "were"...? ;-)

madno
11-23-2014, 03:44 AM
I loose myself at spelling wierd words; and their is definately alot of english words more harder then other languages, e.g. difficult ones. But weather that effects me depends on the mood your in and whom is reading it, i.e. my wifes' brother.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

:-))))

RudySchneider
11-23-2014, 02:03 PM
There are 18 mistakes in all, I believe.

Btw, "were"...? ;-)

Miss steaks? It's awl inn the aye of the bee holder. Four give me, butt may bee ewe just knead two ree e-value eight how too interpret techst!

Sorry, couldn't help myself...