PDA

View Full Version : DP KIT - presets scenes thread

tyrot
11-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Actually i am a totally new bee about DP Kit.Trying to learn and apply the techniques. So if you guys have some presets - scenes for helping users like me please share it here... and this thread can be also source of RD page for DPKit.

I was checking C4D lately time to time and its simplicity really impressive. I hope with help of new compound node (including a DPKIT nodal network) we can match that easy of use feeling.

Also is there a way to PLUGINIZE some very common DP KIT nodal networks. Please bare with my idiotic idea..

For example :
Select Null
Select Object
Select Effect (fracturing, disappear, dissolve (particle, polygon etc))
Select Time
Select Gradient for other controls.

DPKit AFAIK is powerful enough to match C4D's mograph .. but then why we do not make things more accessible - more easy to use for preparing lots of effect presets?

Thanks - for participating.. (if nobody participate it is ok - i will try to fill the scene files i scan in forum .. at least examples will be here ..somebody will save time:))

prometheus
11-06-2014, 05:34 PM
not exactly after your request examples, but just a simple grow line stuff, can also be used to grow faces, parts...depending on how you set base points in relation to how faces are built in modeler.
the scene is there and also check vpr on so you can se hypervoxel surface blobs as connection points, those can be edited to use clip maps, or skip that and add instances perhaps..

jump in to displacement nodes or the polyline, and you can see that I have made a compound node, double click on it to enter it, or right click on the node and go to node menu/edit menu..which is the same as double clicking on it, to exit back, double click on the input node, or right click on the input node and go to node menu/exit menu.

you can test this node, by deleting all nodes, and close the node editor, then reload (import) the compound node which is located in the node folder.

control speed of the growth with the speed time node, double click that to set speed...you might need to increase frames if you set it to very slow.

Michael

prometheus
11-06-2014, 05:45 PM
It should look like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auvBo2kE2bk

tyrot
11-06-2014, 07:21 PM
thank you prometheus! great stuff