PDA

View Full Version : Plug and Play Audio Control Surface options?

dpavid
11-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Is there any audio control surface with faders (besides the iOS app) that is plugin and play without added 3rd party software?

I'd like to be able to physically mute, fade audio, adjust audio and have it reflect in the TriCaster Audio mixer.

I am aware of MidiDoll. Justlooking for a simple physical mixer audio control surface.

Thanks in advance.

PIZAZZ
11-06-2014, 06:51 AM
Here check this out, it plugs in and works perfectly with the TriCaster:

PIZAZZ
11-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Just messing with you,

besides MidiDoll and a Behringer midi controller there is the Avid control surface. But it only works with the TriCaster 8000 not the 860/460 models.

Paris MkVI
11-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Jef, our company spec'd that SI console for our system, but never told us it interfaced directly with the Tricaster for control. Am I understanding correctly that it will work as a control surface, including effects? If so, what is the process to integrate it?

PIZAZZ
11-06-2014, 08:12 AM
You can adapt the SPDIF digital output and bring in the output of the SI console into the AES/EBU audio input on the TriCaster. That digital output can be practically any output of the board via the soft patch.

You would not have control of the actual audio software mixer of the TriCaster. You would just leave up whichever inputs you are feeding the output of the Soundcraft into. Apply Audio Follow Video settings to that input in case you need to do DDR rolls with only DDR audio.

Sorry if my humor didn't come through on the post above. The OP and I have talked before about this so I was just twisting his arm some.

Paris MkVI
11-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Ah, gotcha - thanks Jef!

fbauer
11-06-2014, 09:34 AM
...besides MidiDoll and a Behringer midi controller there is the Avid control surface. But it only works with the TriCaster 8000 not the 860/460 models.Can you clarify this statement? The manual makes no mention of the Avid Artist Mix only working with the 8000, and I was looking forward to being able to add an Artist Mix to a 460 in the future.

SBowie
11-06-2014, 01:10 PM
But it only works with the TriCaster 8000 not the 860/460 models.To paraphrase Ronald L. Ziegler (and who doesn't like to do that?), 'The former statement is inoperative'.

Support for the Artist Mix was extended to the full line of Pro TriCasters some time ago ... I'd have to look back to see when. So for once, at least, the manual is correct. :)

PIZAZZ
11-06-2014, 01:12 PM
To paraphrase Ronald L. Ziegler (and who doesn't like to do that?), 'The former statement is inoperative'.

Support for the Artist Mix was extended to the full line of Pro TriCasters some time ago ... I'd have to look back to see when. So for once, at least, the manual is correct. :)

Well then I will revise my original statement... I still would buy a Soundcraft or PreSonus digital board versus spending that much on an Avid Mix controller though :)

And Steve, there is always a first time. Congrats!

SBowie
11-06-2014, 02:32 PM
And Steve, there is always a first time. Congrats!Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. ;)

dpavid
11-09-2014, 02:24 AM
Thanks Jef, the PreSonus works perfectly fine! I think we'll stick with that.