PDA

View Full Version : Generate XML file for NLE import!

dpavid
11-05-2014, 01:36 AM
I can't be the only one who wants this badly!

I would like a XML file to be generated to match all my cuts on a live production. Once I start record, the TriCaster would basically record ever action, cut, DSK, etc. and end upon terminating the recording and generate an XML file to import into a NLE.

I would then like to be able to copy over the media to my RAID on a NLE, open the XML file, reconnect/relink the media, and have the entire production rebuilt in a timeline with all the cuts to sweeten the production, color grade each clip, (not the entire program output clip), shift graphics that might have been mistimed, etc. I would have the ability to slip, trim, shift, slide media, fix latency issues if any, etc.

Sometimes we're not able to take the best shots during a live production or might have missed a better angle after it's too late. This would be so cool to tighten up an production in post.

Think of it as a Photoshop Action that records every production.

kanep
11-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Your not the only one. I've heard of other people asking for this as well. EDL is the other format asked for, and while not a robust as XML or AAF when it comes to what it can describe, it would at least get you a line cut which is what people are mainly wanting.

dpavid
11-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Fingers crossed!

IDCromvideo
11-07-2014, 02:18 AM
We are working currently in a new project to be able to generate an EDL file with all changes in the switcher program row plus some "virtual cuts" that operator can trigger manually.
The project is quite advanced, and we plan to announce in the forum, when Beta phase will be started. I hope very soon.

kanep
11-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Awesome! You guys work fast!

mario.silva
11-25-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm waiting too ...

IDCromvideo
12-19-2014, 11:47 AM
EDL-TCXD Beta released.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144943-EDL-TCXD-Generate-EDL-file-for-NLE-import-%28BETA%29&p=1414849#post1414849