PDA

View Full Version : Deletion of files

WizCraker
11-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Arg!

Somehow a LW LScript deleted all my objects in the object directory. it deleted all but 2 objects in my projects directory [it included scenes and images as well, finished and unfinished work over the last year]. It deleted about 100+ hdr Probes from a directory I defined, deleted all my Lscripts, plugins, images, scenes directories as well. The online Manual help directory is gone too.

And it even somehow deleted my back up directory.

I just lost 5 GB at least worth of stuff. I have older stuff back up on CD but the newer projects are not.

Jockomo
11-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Ouch! What script was it so we can avoid it?

It sounds like it did a pretty thorough job, did you check you lwhub directory? Maybe there is something salvageable in there.
I hear there are services and programs that can help you undelete stuff, if you go that route you will probably want to quit using your computer until you can run that software, as it can't recover data from a space that has been written to since the delete.

WizCraker
11-28-2003, 01:12 PM
nothing in the LWHUB directory and the undelete program did not undelete it. I can't remember what the script was now as that is gone to.

Maybe it is a sign to make some New new stuff.