PDA

View Full Version : woh, layout is flipping out!

renderingfarmer
11-28-2003, 12:00 PM
I dono what exactly happened, but all of the sudden layout flipped out and became huge (see image below). It's so large I have no way of resizing it and the magic green adjuster button isn't working. What the heck?

I restarted and that didn't help. Any ideas? Kind of a problem, as I'm in the middle of a job. hehe.

ingo
11-28-2003, 12:18 PM
What is your actual job, a snowstorm ? ;) Looks like you have an NVidia videocard.

The only thing i can recommend is deleting the prefs, at least that worked when i had the same problems.

renderingfarmer
11-28-2003, 01:50 PM
hehe na, man. Three polar bears attacking an igloo, isn't it obvious?

Yea I wound up resetting, but it sucks because, obviously, I lost all my nice settings. Oh well. thanks.

toby
11-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Does the Window menu 'Zoom' command not fix this?

Juzz
11-28-2003, 03:24 PM
that has happened for me too.. The zoom works, but the window goes nuts right away afterwards. The only way that I know of is to trash the prefs..

I'd love someone to develop a window prefs reset for this, an app that would fox the prefs so that all window info is reset, but no other preferences are touched in the prefs file.

toby
11-28-2003, 03:33 PM
I've never had the problem, but I dug through one of the Preference files and played with window sizes once. Hard to figure out which window the code is somtimes, I never played with the main window code - I think it was in Layout preferences but might have been the Hub prefs.

In any case you should save a copy of your pref files when they're working, keep them in 'back-up pref files', make the folder read-only, then you can just drag them to the Preferences folder when this happens

renderingfarmer
11-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Good idea, toby, I've never had a serious problem with Lightwave before so I didn't know there was any need, but I'll definetly be keeping backups of all the preferences from now on.

Thanks everyone.

Avebeno
11-29-2003, 01:57 AM
How much memory are you running with?

renderingfarmer
11-29-2003, 09:25 AM
1GB