PDA

View Full Version : Bright pixels (Noise) appearing when use HDRI & Radiosity??

Gizmo1990
11-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Hmm I don't understand what is going on here?

Im using a HDR image as a background (with Image world) to light (using radiosity) my scene.

However when I render the image the scene turns out with lots of noise (bright pixels!?) dotted all over the object? It's as though Ive just applied photoshop noise to the rendered object??

Ive tried bluring the HDRI but no change.

I've rendered the same scene using a conventional image (tga) format as a background and it turns out fine??

I'm probably doing something incredibly stupid... sorry in advance.

Any help much appreciated.

Jim.

thekho
11-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Try using a full precision blur in the image process panel which it might help.

toby
11-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Sounds like your Radiosity 'Rays per evaluation' setting is too low. Do some test renders with just a box on a plane until you get in the ballpark of the shading you want, cuz it takes a long time to render.

Also turn on 'Shading Noise reduction', switch the AA to Enhanced and turn off 'Adaptive Sampling' - each of these will help, but you don't need to max out all of them.

Let us know what settings you are / have been using, render times and how many polygons in the scene -

ingo
11-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Depending on your scene i would avoid to use shading noise reduction, you loose a lot of detail in the textures. But maybe in the next incarnation of Lightwave we will see shading noise reduction with percentage input....

Matt
11-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ingo
But maybe in the next incarnation of Lightwave we will see shading noise reduction with percentage input....

Or even better - no need for it! :)

toby
11-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ingo
Depending on your scene i would avoid to use shading noise reduction, you loose a lot of detail in the textures. But maybe in the next incarnation of Lightwave we will see shading noise reduction with percentage input....

Never thought of that... doing it in post must be the way to go with stills - can you also turn up the other settings high enough that Noise reduction is unneccessary?