PDA

View Full Version : Deleting surfaces from change surface window

Columbo24
10-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi
When I hit Q to designate a surface, it will now appear in it's drop down menu and the surface editor. How do I delete unwanted names from the surface editor. Say I create a very detailed robot with a lot of different surfaces(say 50). I decide I can combine a lot of them and only want 5 surfaces to appear in the surface editor. I go back select regions hit Q and rename them, but how would I delete all the previous names because they are no longer necessary.
I'v deleted layers with surface names and they still appear in the surface editor. How do I get rid of unwanted surface names from the drop down menu(when I hit Q) and the surface editor?
Thanks
Bill

Sensei
10-30-2014, 01:18 PM
They will disappear the next time you will load object to Modeler.

prometheus
10-30-2014, 01:47 PM
They will disappear the next time Lightwave is updated to include delete surfaces in layout for instance :)

Very annoying when you create geometry directly in layout and it automaticly creates two surfaces..one unassigned and one for the actual surface, this is often rendering a workflow pain in the..because you can by mistake start to tweak the wrong surface assigned, I donīt understand why lightwave surfacing works that way or why they have made it that way ...some mystery reason behind it I guess?

Michael