PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jones on Planet5D...as Anonymous!

Sekhar
10-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Just saw Chris Jones' work covered on Planet5D: http://blog.planet5d.com/2014/10/astonishing-how-far-has-cgi-come/?hvid=3Kk1jK. This is great, but THERE IS NO MENTION OF HIM anywhere. WTF?

WilliamVaughan
10-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Doesnt it mention him below the video:

"Work in progress, hand-made with Lightwave, Sculptris and Krita, composited with Davinci Resolve Lite. Music by me. www.chrisj.com.au "

stiff paper
10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
The fact that they find the space to mention the entirely irrelevant Andy "CG artists are worthless compared to my ability to walk and talk at the same time" Serkis makes their attitude seem particularly egregious.

prometheus
10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
I also like the soundtrack music Chris made for it, seems like a very multi talented guy...and he can always fall back on creating tunes in such case he getīs bored of acheiving realism.

Sekhar
10-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Doesnt it mention him below the video:

"Work in progress, hand-made with Lightwave, Sculptris and Krita, composited with Davinci Resolve Lite. Music by me. www.chrisj.com.au "

No, www.chrisj.com.au is not the same as Chris Jones - would you like it if someone covered your work and mentioned only www.williamv.com? Seriously, if their entire article is about new groundbreaking work, the least they could do is mention the name. The way the article reads, you'd walk away with the impression that it was Andy Serkis who did the animation.

WilliamVaughan
10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
I get what you are saying but if someone wanted to know who did it the link would tell them. Wish I had the willimv.com tho :)