PDA

View Full Version : FX_Linker question

adrian
03-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Hiya,

I have a question about FX_Linker.

I have an object that will create 100 snowflakes spinning into the air. No problem with this. However the flakes aren't supposed to be on the screen until frame 60 and I want them dissolving at around frame 120.

At the moment they're on the screen all the time - is there a way of having them disappear like with hypervoxels? I know I can do this manually using object dissolve, but to do this 100 times will be a real pain! Obviously if there is no quicker way, then so be it, but if there is I would be glad if someone could tell me about it.

Thanks muchly!

Adrian.

mdoyle
03-06-2003, 02:33 AM
Hi Adrian,

If you want them all to appear at the same time, you can create an enveleop for dissolve before you use the FX_Linker. This way once you duplicate all the objects they will have the same dissolve as the original.

Cheers

Mark

faulknermano
03-06-2003, 07:44 AM
another way would be to create a dissolve envelope for all of your selected items. using lscript, it can be accomplished this way:

generic
{
// create dissolve envelope
s = Scene().getSelect();
if(s[1].genus != MESH)
error("<br>Item must be a mesh.");
for(i=1;i<=s.size();i++)
{
SelectItem(s[i].id);
CommandInput("AddEnvelope Dissolve");
}
}

when you run this script, and it should create a dissolve envelope for each selected item, you can mass access the channels and their keys in GE using the filter feature.

Valter
03-07-2003, 12:20 PM
hmm... Do you did try spreadsheet to do it??

adrian
03-08-2003, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the help guys - got it sorted!

Adrian.