PDA

View Full Version : Question about Raysupreme

achilles
10-24-2014, 04:21 AM
Hallo, anyone knows what's happening to Braindistrict and their Raysupreme soft. I tryied to contact them by mail and forum but are about 3 months that there aren't sign of from them. I know that Markus is a Lightwave forumer, hope he'll see this post and let we know.
Thanks.

saranine
10-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Anyone want to shed more light on this? I have raysupreme.

achilles
10-28-2014, 01:28 AM
It's a week that the forum page disappeared from their site, i'm very sad about that because RS wa a very promising and low cost software.

jwiede
10-28-2014, 03:08 PM
I have licenses for all their products, and would be quite interested in any news about what's going with them? They've been MIA for a while.

lightscape
10-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Sounds like silo.
Anyway
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20140618080443-68614483-life-s-better-in-3d-for-codec-king

achilles
10-30-2014, 03:24 AM
http://www.braindistrict.com/ the site is down.
End of a promising beautiful story?
I think they had to inform their customer. Or not?

jwiede
10-30-2014, 03:31 AM
Ugh, yeah, that definitely doesn't seem very promising.

CaptainMarlowe
10-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Reminds me of N-sided...

tyrot
10-30-2014, 01:10 PM
n-sided's quidam was an awesome program. developers were very friendly.. dont know what happened to them..

CaptainMarlowe
10-30-2014, 01:48 PM
They have always been in financial deficit and they lost a lot of money. Ultimately, the technology was bought by Dassault system and I believe that the main dev and CEO went as a freelancer, according to its linked in page. What was painful was the lack of communication around N-sided slow death. First the store was suspended, then everything disappeared without a word, after some appearances of Pierre Bretagnolle the CEO, also former guy at EOVIA, and behind AMAPI, I believe) on the French forums where people were worried about the death of N-Sided, with always the same word : "we're not dead, just ongoing changes". Then, sudden deep silent...
Anyways, I still use Quidam 2 on a very regular basis. Very useful to generate various people in a snap. Fuse is a pure Quidam clone, but awfully expensive, and not as versatile.

tyrot
10-30-2014, 01:51 PM
exactly my thoughts on fuse:)... still using quidam 3 here.

CaptainMarlowe
10-30-2014, 02:03 PM
I didn't ha d the cash at the time to upgrade to Q3, not to buy some additional packs (medieval warriors, animals) that would have come in handy for later works. Unfortunately, when I had the cash, was the time when the store went off.

jburford
10-30-2014, 02:50 PM
I have licenses for all their products, and would be quite interested in any news about what's going with them? They've been MIA for a while.

That's because they just joined Forces with Fori and Messiah Pro now and are not able to put out any information!

Grin, lol, couldn't help it.

CaptainMarlowe
10-31-2014, 12:29 AM
They have always been in financial deficit and they lost a lot of money. Ultimately, the technology was bought by Dassault system and I believe that the main dev and CEO went as a freelancer, according to its linked in page. What was painful was the lack of communication around N-sided slow death. First the store was suspended, then everything disappeared without a word, after some appearances of Pierre Bretagnolle the CEO, also former guy at EOVIA, and behind AMAPI, I believe) on the French forums where people were worried about the death of N-Sided, with always the same word : "we're not dead, just ongoing changes". Then, sudden deep silent...
Anyways, I still use Quidam 2 on a very regular basis. Very useful to generate various people in a snap. Fuse is a pure Quidam clone, but awfully expensive, and not as versatile.

A bit OT, but... just out of nostalgia I retried yesterday Hexagon that had been sleeping on my HDD for years, and which was AMAPI successor developed at Eovia, before it was bought by Daz3D. What a pity they left this soft abandoned for so many years, it was a very capable modeler.

achilles
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Braindistrict site back again! Hope in future...