PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Missing Hypertextures??

Craiglet
11-28-2003, 08:21 AM
I've been using LW for about a year on the PC at school and have recently started using it on my G4 here at home... I don't seem to have all my hypertextures installed and can't seem to load them... I have scanned my LW directories for plugins and manually tried to load whatever plugins i find as well (in the LW app folder) but on my HyperVoxel pane i have only four hypertextures: Crumple, Ripples2, Turbulence and FBM... In my surface editor when i apply a procedural texture they all appear (Dented, Fractal Noise, et al...), but not in the HV window...

I am running 7.5c on Jaguar 10.2.8...
Anyone know what gives? Thanks!

wizlon
11-28-2003, 09:58 AM
4 is all you get for HV's, can't remember why though.

Craiglet
11-28-2003, 10:37 AM
strange... i was trying to follow a tutorial that shows other textures being used on that pane (a HV tutorial for smoke uses Dented), and i could swear we have more than that on the hypertexture pane on the computers at school.

anyone else know anything?

noiseboy
11-28-2003, 10:52 AM
There are more textures when the object type is surface, about 7. If you want more try IFW2.

HowardM
12-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Wasnt there a hack in 7.5c to get more Volume textures?

Craiglet
12-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Have not heard of that... but it sure would be cool if there were.

Anybody know?

quatermain
03-04-2004, 09:37 PM
I see the same thing. Has anyone found a solution? I'm loading a preset when I want to use the missing 'Dented' Hypertexture.

I am doing an HV Sprite tutorial in Albee's "Essential LW 7.5" - where he creates ground fog using the 'Dented' Hypertexture that doesn't show up. When I load up the finished files that come with the CD, the texture says 'none' but clearly shows the 'Dented' options. Here is a screenshot:

wizlon
03-05-2004, 02:14 AM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110149&highlight=rapts

You can gain access to all 10 rapts.p textures via a modified version of the rapts plug-in, the link above is for the PC version, I'am sure someone clever could do this very easily for the Mac version. It's just a few clicks I believe.

Richard Brak maybe?