PDA

View Full Version : Layout crashes when trying to bring in a Genoma rig and model from modeler.

Craig Herron
10-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I have 11.5 on a Mac. I'm trying to use Genoma for the first time for a project due in the next week or so. I have been watching all the tutorials and I think I am doing the right thing but I am having very mixed results. Mostly crashes in Layout when I run the create rig. I have a relatively simple sub division object, I put a genoma rig in the same layer and save and send to Layout from modeler. Everything looks ok in layout until I hit the create rig button. Layout works for a few seconds than crashes with out adding the rig. I can get the model and a simple genoma part or two and that works but when I use the biped or other rigs it crashes. I think I got it working once but never again.

OnlineRender
10-17-2014, 05:09 PM
turn your subd level down low in layout before hitting create rig , make sure your rig is cool and you have no silly duplicate bones hiding ,
try just a simple object and rig see if it crashes , you may need to build it again ...
UPDATE LW..
bug report it if the problems consists

best I got.

lertola2
10-17-2014, 05:31 PM
You probably should also download the latest version of Lightwave 11.6.3. There may have been Genoma bug fixes since 11.5.

Sensei
10-18-2014, 03:56 AM
In change log I saw mention about fixes of crashing of some tools with 1-2 point polygons.
Check whether you have such, just in case.