PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help (morph mixer)

virustwin
10-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi guys, I haven't used lightwave in a long time and recently picked up 11.6.2 so that I can do an animation as my wedding invitation. I'm really behind becayse i was unwell but i need to finish by this week end so i can get the invitations out. I hope you can help me so here is my problem. at frame 837 i am doing a walk cycle fora character. the cycle lasts from 837 to 883 using 5 bones total. I did some research on how to repeat the cycle and morph mixer seemed to be the best option. I never used it before and i was able to create the actor and the motion using the 6 bones. the first problem is that the frames in morph mixer only go up to 250 but i need to animate from 837 in my scene. How do i see more frames (or the entire timeline) in morph mixer? My other question is once i place my motion where i need it, how do i go about animating my character's bones since there are no longer any curves in the graph editor for the bones once i created the actor..

I sincerely hope you guys can help me,

thanks a million

Tris

ernpchan
10-17-2014, 03:31 PM
If MM can't see the timeline that far out that might be a bug. If you only have 5 bones you could just copy/paste the keys in the GE.

WilliamVaughan
10-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Hold the Alt Key and Click and drag on the Motion Mixer Timline to scroll to the frame range you want.

If you need to edit a motion in MM, click on the edit Motion button on top which will allow you to animate in the main timeline/ workspace as usual. Click edit motion again to accept changes.

ernpchan
10-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Hold the Alt Key and Click and drag on the Motion Mixer Timline to scroll to the frame range you want.

Cool! Learned something new.

virustwin
10-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Thank you so much William. You may have just saved my wedding!

Thanks guys

WilliamVaughan
10-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Glad to help. Motion Mixer was a feature I always loved and felt was grossly underused. I hope the LW dev team revisits it at some point as it could use some love but as it currently sits it's still a very powerful feature. I believe there are some videos I made about it years ago still on the FTP site that might be worth tracking down.

Good luck and I hope you have a great wedding!

virustwin
10-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Im definitely going to look for the videos. Those vids have helped me so much in the past. Thanks a gain mate..