PDA

View Full Version : Fracture Problem

ASTeam
10-17-2014, 11:11 AM
125087125088 I did this step i did create the object in modeler than i used fracture tool Voronoi with 100 pieces...In layout I made ground floor like a static body than the object like a parts body and i got this error in photo. Please help me....!!!

Thomas Leitner
10-17-2014, 12:41 PM
125087125088 I did this step i did create the object in modeler than i used fracture tool Voronoi with 100 pieces...In layout I made ground floor like a static body than the object like a parts body and i got this error in photo. Please help me....!!!

Hi,
the first thing you should try is to subdivide you object before fracture in Modeler. If you still have bad geometry here is a way to delete it:
Go to a frame of your simulation where all the junk objects left behind and stays in the air. Save this state as endomorph. Save the object. In Modeler choose the new endomorph and select the junk geometry. Delete it.

Hope it helps
ciao
Thomas

Greenlaw
10-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Fracture works better when the the object is not made of large polygons and the polygons are generally about the same size. Try using Julienne 2 on your object before running Fracture. Here's an example:

Hope this helps.

G.

OnlineRender
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
just to echo what the board said ,"clean and cut" however there is a video on YT somewhere that shows the steps to fix the problem , you basically go back into modeler and find the broken topology ...if I come across the video I'll post it.

another tip is to cut a plane then extrude the geometry

Greenlaw
10-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Additionally, this is can improve the results for any Boolean procedure in Modeler, not just Fracture. Naturally, you'll always want to work with a copy of your original object.

G.

prometheus
10-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Rob Powers are actually showcasing some basic tipīs on fracture here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqexUbvLTxg