PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.6.3 and Windows 8.1 w Nvidia Graphics Card

tcoursey
10-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Anyone working with LW 11.6.3 on Win 8.1 with an Nvidia card? Specifically a Titan....Looking to figure out best drivers to use. Thanks.

PS: I'm getting a wierd blink every now and again during certain operations, whole screen blanks out for one frame it seems....

lightscape
10-17-2014, 09:41 AM
PSU not enough?

tcoursey
10-17-2014, 09:48 AM
PSU not enough?
No it's def. a driver issue. Came from Win7 and all was good. Very beefy machine from BOXX Tech, all biet a bit long in the tooth these days, trying to make it happen until new machines later this year.

danielkaiser
10-17-2014, 03:58 PM
If you haven't updated your drivers lately use the most recent they seem to have fixed a similar problem for me.

tcoursey
10-19-2014, 08:46 AM
It seems to have been 3D Photo Browser running in the background. I love the app but didn't know the new version ran a sys tray app in the background. I use it for making and showing 3D thumbnails in Explorer which is great...but DOWN the systray app goes! Back to decent graphics...

Thanks for everyone's ideas.

Andy Webb
10-19-2014, 09:15 AM
It seems to have been 3D Photo Browser running in the background. I love the app but didn't know the new version ran a sys tray app in the background. I use it for making and showing 3D thumbnails in Explorer which is great...but DOWN the systray app goes! Back to decent graphics...

Thanks for everyone's ideas.

I run 3D Photo Browser on Windows 8.1 and I don't have any issues :stumped:

tcoursey
10-19-2014, 09:19 AM
hmm..ok. Running the actual program correct? Not the behind the scenes thumbnailer for Explorer? Maybe there is setting in 3DPB that needs to be changed.....all I know is it's fixed for now and I can edit polys and move them around smooth as butter again....

I'll look into it more later...for now, back to work! Thanks for the update, let's me know to dig further when I have time.

Andy Webb
10-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes, it's sitting in my system tray and it renders thumbs for LWO amongst others.