PDA

View Full Version : Multiple lightwave license in one workstation

lightscape
10-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Is this possible? We would like to install atleast two licenses in one desktop because a plugin is tied to one license and the other also has its set of plugins tied to it. I tried dnd the two license file and it did add the entries to the .newtek license file but the plugins only recognized the first lw license so the other set of plugins still doesn't work.

Lewis
10-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Should be doable fine, you can redirect LW license key location into Lightwave "bin" folder (or "programs" in LW 9.x and earlier) so it should work just fine. Also later on around Lw10 and forward i think each version had by default it's own Configs/license folders in Docs&Settings/user/Newtek.......... I use it redirected (with -c) to local folders since forever so it's "self contained".

lightscape
10-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Didn't know you can redirect the license file only the config files. Always had the license popup in .NewTek folder. What's the switch to redirect that?

Lewis
10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Just put license under BIN folder and delete folders fomr docs/user/Newtek... and it'll search for it there in LW self contained.