PDA

View Full Version : Octane and fiberfx

seghier
10-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Hello
i asked lightwave support and they sayed : Octane Render supports FiberFX -so Maxwell should be able to add support as well
but in octane website : Also FiberFX hair is not supported by Octane, this is a limitation of Lightwave SDK that doesn’t allow access to FiberFX hair data
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/?page_id=107

Ryan Roye
10-15-2014, 08:02 AM
The developer of Octane for Lightwave said they are working on it, just a matter of whether he runs into any roadblocks he's gotta jump over or whatnot.

It is likely the version of Octane that supports FiberFX would need to wait until the next point release of Lightwave is made available.

seghier
10-15-2014, 08:11 AM
thanks so lightwave sdk now allow access to FiberFX hair data ?

juanjgon
10-15-2014, 01:19 PM
LightWave 11.6 doesn't have an API for the Layout FiberFX tool, so the external render engines can't access to the FiberFX hair data at render time. You need to use the Modeler FiberFX tool to model polygonal hair, or polygonize the hair fibers in the Layout with the option available in the FiberFX panel. Anyway this solutions are not useful for animation or simulation.

I am working in a new solution to support the FiberFX hair rendering, but I don't have an ETA to release it.

-Juanjo

seghier
10-15-2014, 02:23 PM
thanks Juanjo ; i ask again lightwave support and they say : Octane supports it in the next incarnation
can you work with maxwell team with your new solution ?

juanjgon
10-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Nope, sorry ... the Maxwell developer team should add this feature to their plugin when possible. I don't have access to the Maxwell plugin code.

-Juanjo

jwiede
10-16-2014, 06:54 AM
thanks Juanjo ; i ask again lightwave support and they say : Octane supports it in the next incarnation
can you work with maxwell team with your new solution ?

I think you're missing the point: Juanjgon's work is for Otoy / Octane, a competing product to Maxwell. If you want this for Maxwell, you need to raise the issue with someone at NextLimit responsible for the LW Maxwell plugin.

seghier
10-16-2014, 07:20 AM
thanks ; i don't know that :)
yes i already contacted maxwell developers