PDA

View Full Version : How do you make liquid convincingly collide with the body of an animated character?

sgmusic
10-11-2014, 11:09 AM
I have animated a man slowly standing under a bucket of liquid pouring down over his head and colliding with a low poly version of the man but the particles only collide with the static low poly model and not the character. I animated the low poly mesh and it is mimicking the motion of the main character but when I make the low poly mesh into a collision object it remains in the T pose and the particles will only collide with it in this position.
How do you make liquid convincingly collide with the body of an animated character?

Or can a low poly character model be animated and still be a collision object?

Ryan Roye
10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I animated the low poly mesh and it is mimicking the motion of the main character but when I make the low poly mesh into a collision object it remains in the T pose and the particles will only collide with it in this position.

You have to hit "calculate" for the low poly mesh to reflect the deformed state of the character if using Lightwave's built-in dynamics systems. If the calculation takes a while, you will want to save the particle simulation immediately after it completes otherwise you lose that data as soon as you change the keyframe range.

sgmusic
10-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Thank you chazriker! I will give it a try!