PDA

View Full Version : More Scaling Woes...

MrFurious
10-10-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm just not having much luck with scaling...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't get parented instances to scale at all. I've attached a sample scene which has a layered object of 3 primitives, and one parent. Grab the original parent (the red one) and you can move, rotate and scale as usual. Now I instanced all these 4 objects (3 primitives and their parent) and manually parented the instanced primitives to the instanced parent.

**on a sides note, is there a way to 'instance hierarchy' similar to 'clone hierarchy'? Rather than have to reconstruct parenting after creating instances
**on another side note is possible to set instances to texture shaded mode, or shaded mode by default? having to individually switch them over is sooooo annoying

So now I have an instanced hierarchy of my original layered object. Now grab the parent and try to scale using shift-h...

[email protected]#$% ????

MrFurious
10-24-2014, 11:56 PM
No way to scale the parented instances?..

prometheus
10-25-2014, 07:40 AM
donīt think it works that way or was intended to work that way, you could just select the instances all at once in scene editor and scale them.

MrFurious
11-11-2014, 05:37 PM
That defeats the whole purpose of parenting instanced items, so they can be manipulated as a single entity including translate and transform. Works with regular items and clones, but not instances. Looks like instancing had a long way to go before being a truly useful tool without silly little annoyances which waste lots of time: not being able to parent instances properly, and the default 'bounding box' mode is a real pain.