PDA

View Full Version : Clearing presets from Numpad keys in LWM : modeling only forum

jeric_synergy
10-09-2014, 11:38 PM
How does one REMOVE/CLEAR assigned viewing presets from the Numpad keys when using LWM?

+++

Also, shouldn't there be an exclusively modeling only forum here???

ernpchan
10-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Don't know of a way without nuking the configs or deleting the specific lines from the config.

jeric_synergy
10-10-2014, 12:13 AM
*sigh* .... Doesn't that seem like something we should be able to do?...... #whimper#.....

ernpchan
10-10-2014, 09:39 PM
A workaround would be to backup and nuke your configs. Relaunch Modeler, and then save your prefs file. I think that would save a default state of your settings you could use as a restore file. Why do you wanna clear out the number pad settings? Those are one of the first things I restore with a fresh install.

jeric_synergy
10-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Firstly, I think that we should always be able to CLEAR a setting, just as base level design competence. "If you can set it, you should be able to RESET it!" For all I know, we already can, just like you can reset the perspective window angle back to default by setting the view to NONE momentarily. I used to have a numpad preset JUST for that purpose. But nobody's stepped forward with a method yet.

Secondly, I just want a clean slate to work with in the numpad.

I'm guessing text-editing the config file is probably the most likely road to success here.