http://www.vizpark.com/product-category/scenes/

Vote for lightwave support :thumbsup:

CaptainMarlowe
10-09-2014, 10:49 PM
I like their grass package.

Lewis
10-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Hi!

Not sure how do we "vote" on that link ? I just see their "Casa Navona" scene for download ?

BTW they are starting to support LW more and more, I've converted "Interior Plants" and "Real Grass" so far and it'll be more in future :).

As for complete scene conversion like this well frankly i don't see how would it work in LW currenlty. In that particular example he is using "Walls & Tiles" plugin and also "Crossmap" plugin (and severla more stuff form his HDRI Sky pack and plants models) so unless they/someone make PLUGIN work for LW it's hardly usable. But I'd like to see such plugins in LW, Especially "Walls & Tiles", "Crossmap" and especially "Omnitiles" - http://www.vizpark.com/shop/omnitiles/

Oedo 808
10-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Hi!

Not sure how do we "vote" on that link ? I just see their "Casa Navona" scene for download ?

There is a poll in the right-hand column, "Which is you(r) main 3D Application".

There's no need to register so it's quick and easy for folk to put a vote in and help them gauge the interested LightWave userbase.

Lewis
10-10-2014, 12:58 AM
There is a poll in the right-hand column, "Which is you(r) main 3D Application".

There's no need to register so it's quick and easy for folk to put a vote in and help them gauge the interested LightWave userbase.

Ahh that, that's there long ago and doesn't need specific link (i though he is linking somethign to direct poll/support so that confused me :)), you can go to plants, tiles, walls... whichever and that poll/menu will be on right side :)

Oedo 808
10-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Ahh that, that's there long ago and doesn't need specific link (i though he is linking somethign to direct poll/support so that confused me :)), you can go to plants, tiles, walls... whichever and that poll/menu will be on right side :)

Yeah, it confused me too at first. I guess it's more a survey than an explicit vote for support, suppose that's much the same thing though. Good thing is it only takes a couple of seconds to vote.

Lewis
10-10-2014, 03:07 AM
yep much better than registration to vote :).

allabulle
10-10-2014, 05:36 AM
I voted too.

3dworks
10-10-2014, 11:03 AM
i did vote already. excellent content, btw.!

cheers

markus

Lewis
12-01-2014, 01:12 AM
Hi guys!

Just to drop you note that Vizpark Real Trees is ready for LightWave.

Add it supports new LW 2015 surface clipmaps aslo ;).

http://www.vizpark.com/shop/real-trees/

cheers

CaptainMarlowe
12-01-2014, 02:36 AM
That's cool ! Thanks.

allabulle
12-01-2014, 04:20 AM
Nice! Thanks for the heads-up Lewis.

Lewis
12-01-2014, 04:24 AM
And i just realized that "black friday" sale lasts up to midnight today so those who buy today will get it even cheaper than standard :) :).

allabulle
12-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Yup, I was just about to post that. :)

jboudreau
04-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Hi

Does anybody here have the vizpark grass package? If so I was wondering does all 200 models come with it? (are all variations of the model in .lwo format?)

Also I was trying to decide which one to go with, the Grass Essentials from Blender Guru or Real Grass from vizpark.
but I'm not sure if the models are included in the Grass Essentials pack. Does anyone know and which would you recommend?

Any help would be great
Thanks
Jason

Lewis
04-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Hi

Does anybody here have the vizpark grass package? If so I was wondering does all 200 models come with it? (are all variations of the model in .lwo format?)

Hi Jason

AFAIR it has 122 grass types (not 200) and they all come in LWO/LWS format too.
I have it since I did LW conversion :). All models are same/included as in MAX/C4D version. It's basically 20 different types of grass/plants with 5-8 variations/shapes of each plant so there is plenty of that too choose from :).

And BTW Martin (Vizpark) just recently released Real Boulders DVD also which is currently on sale for 2-3 more days so hurry if you decide to go with Vizpark ;))
http://www.vizpark.com/shop/real-boulders/
For those I did LWO/LWS conversion (you get PDF with all the renders/names too easily choose which one you want without loading/rendering) AND i put in LW+Octane materials setup also this time.

cheers

jboudreau
04-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Hi Jason

AFAIR it has 122 grass types (not 200) and they all come in LWO/LWS format too.
I have it since I did LW conversion :). All models are same/included as in MAX/C4D version. It's basically 20 different types of grass/plants with 5-8 variations/shapes of each plant so there is plenty of that too choose from :).

And BTW Martin (Vizpark) just recently released Real Boulders DVD also which is currently on sale for 2-3 more days so hurry if you decide to go with Vizpark ;))
For those I did LWO/LWS conversion (you get PDF with all the renders/names too easily choose which one you want without loading/rendering) AND i put in LW+Octane materials setup also this time.

cheers

Hi Lewis

Sorry about that, you're right 122 not 200. I'm not sure where I got 200 from haha. The only thing I noticed is you don't get the 15 grass field scenes with lightwave but you get them with modo. I'm sure they can easily be recreated using lightwave once you have the models.

I wonder why they were not re-created using instances like they did with modo using replicators. Just curious because this is how I plan on using them
Also do you need octane to get the realistic looking renders or can you get the same results using native lightwaves render?

Oh sweet glad to heare the LW+Octane materials are included.

Thanks for letting me know all of this and for all your hard work converting it and making it available for lightwave
Jason

Lewis
04-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Hi Lewis

Sorry about that, you're right 122 not 200. I'm not sure where I got 200 from haha. The only thing I noticed is you don't get the 15 grass field scenes with lightwave but you get them with modo. I'm sure they can easily be recreated using lightwave once you have the models.

I wonder why they were not re-created using instances like they did with modo using replicators. Just curious because this is how I plan on using them

Yes grass field scenes aren't included in LW and here is reason why.
I've thought to make them BUT we don't have way to save it as preset in LW (like modo can) and you can't make it size independent since LW instancing in Surface mode (only logical mode for large grass fields) works in Absolute numbers of instances (you type in exact number you want instances to have) and not number per square meter/inch/feet or so. So even if I was to create it on grass field/polygon sized let's say 10*10m you'd not be able to just drag and drop/load that on to your scene and get same effect.
You'd' have to compare and copy it from my scene manually and then change number of instances for each project since if your object/plane/field is not same size it would look different (more dense or less dense) so there was no easy way or point for me to do the instanced scenes which would be useful for user projects:(.

I've asked many times from NT to include Density mode/type in LW instancing panel and also it would be cool if we could save presets with models (not just surfaces) like in modo. That would solve that nicely but sadly we can't do that in LW yet.

Also do you need octane to get the realistic looking renders or can you get the same results using native lightwaves render?

Oh sweet glad to heare the LW+Octane materials are included.

No, you don't need octane for getting nice results, Octane is JUST for Real Boulders not for grass (I didn't have Octane back then when i was doing Real Grass conversion so that's just as of 2015 conversions like Real Boulders and possible future projects/models ;))

KSTAR
05-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Hi Lewis since you did the conversion I'm curious if you have worked with Xfrog trees, and what's the difference between it and Vizpark in regards to workflow, setup, polygon count, file size etc?

Lewis
05-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Hi Lewis since you did the conversion I'm curious if you have worked with Xfrog trees, and what's the difference between it and Vizpark in regards to workflow, setup, polygon count, file size etc?

Sorry I've not worked with Xfrog so i can't tell exact difference. Vizpark stuff is very detailed/hi-poly and has usually multiple textures for leaves and stuff.

KSTAR
05-16-2015, 04:11 AM
Ok I'll have to check out Vizpark.

For a reference the poly count for a grown Oak tree with leaves comes in at 1,109,624 polys.....939180 of those polys are the trunk roots and branches, the rest are leaves. If I merge the polys on the leaves I can get the poly count down to 1,562,557 Is this similar to the poly sizes for a big Oak or similar tree in Vizpark?

Lewis
05-16-2015, 04:17 AM
give me link for tree you are interested in Vizpark and i'll check you polycount.

SteveH
05-16-2015, 08:32 AM
KSTAR - I have downloaded a lot of the free XFROG trees from their site. I agree they are very high poly for no real reason. I always make a low res version of each model - reducing the polygon count using PLG_Simplify_Mesh.
I also delete all the polys that are underground (Who needs roots?). A typical model (In this case EU43_1 Chestnut) went from 48,645kb to 29,271kb without any real visible difference between the two. What is the name of your Oak tree model? I can look if I've reduced that particular model.

Farhad_azer
05-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Sorry but I still haven't found the voting section. is it expired or the problem is with my IQ?

Lewis
05-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Sorry but I still haven't found the voting section. is it expired or the problem is with my IQ?

No need for voting anymore, They've redesigned WEB and LW is gettign support in model collections anyway so no problem there, Vizpark like LW now ;).

KSTAR
05-16-2015, 04:59 PM
give me link for tree you are interested in Vizpark and i'll check you polycount.

Thanks Lewis, what's the poly count for White Oak, English Oak, and Horse Chestnut?

KSTAR
05-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks Steve I will definitely give PLG_Simplify_Mesh a look! How does it do with the UV's? Do you have to create new ones?

The tree I'm referring to is Oak_EU55_9 its a monster :devil:

Lewis
05-16-2015, 05:20 PM
This one - http://www.vizpark.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/VP-Quercus-Aliena-MODO.jpg

That spiecies has 4 types (v1, v2, v3, v4) and most dense is v1 which is 20MB filesize (LWO) and 428k polys (Triangles)

SteveH
05-16-2015, 10:34 PM
KSYAR, No plg - simplify keeps the UV's intact. I reduced that model from 1,605,168 polygons down to 225,298. It dropped from 48.1 megs down to 8.75 - so a huge savings. Part of that was I didn't include the oak nuts in the low res model. For my uses - the trees are too far away to ever see them so no reason to keep them in. Same for some of the tiny twigs, the roots etc - if I can't see the difference I just delete them. If I need a super high res tree for a hero - I just use their original model.

Farhad_azer
05-17-2015, 03:08 AM
Thanks Lewis, glad to hear this news.

Lewis
10-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Hi there

A quick refresh of topic to inform you that VizPark released new models content called VP RealFruit and this one also supports LW (I did LW converison again ;)). This time I converted for LW native render engine (as usuall) but i also throwed in LW+Octane conversion too so you get both in same bundle on their WEB page (currently there is intoductory sale/discount on their web till 10th october).
http://www.vizpark.com/shop/real-fruits/

Also here is few quick renders of models with LW+Octane combo.

cheers

Luc_Feri
10-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Apart from the near shot orange, the edge looks too perfect, those fruit look really great Lewis, hugry now. :D

Octane materials added is a real bonus.

Lewis
10-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Apart from the near shot orange, the edge looks too perfect, those fruit look really great Lewis, hugry now. :D

Thanks man, yeah edge is straight cut (which usually is the case with oranges sliced with knife) but i agree it coudl be a less striaght, but then agian it's not gonna be looked from such close shoots in real life scenes/kitchens/rooms so it's not big deal. And BTW VizPark scaned it from real fruit/models so many of them are pretty cool and detiailed pieces.

Luc_Feri
10-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Yeah your right, it would be mostly seen from distance and should be straight as default model, I wasn't thinking of that in terms of a user buying the pack. :D

I love the melons best. ;)

Don't know how busy you are but I bet if you modelled the new bond aston martin, that would sell.

Lewis
10-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Yeah your right, it would be mostly seen from distance and should be straight as default model, I wasn't thinking of that in terms of a user buying the pack. :D

I love the melons best. ;)

Yeha i quite like them also (in real life too ;)). There is few more (ther eis renders/photos ef each one on theri WEB site) i liekv er ymuch liek Pomegrante, Maracuja and similar which were very cool/detialed even for open/cut out versions.

Don't know how busy you are but I bet if you modelled the new bond aston martin, that would sell.

Uhh, very bussy actually, last time i had some free time for myself to choose model I want to build was also AstonMartin - Vanquis (so you know how long ago was that ;)).

P.S. Here is one of my favorite ones from this model pack, Maracuja.

daforum
10-02-2015, 09:57 AM
The models look amazing.
Cool and healthy work.

kopperdrake
10-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Nice work - thanks Lewis for converting them over. I have the entire XFrog library, but some of these do look good, especially the grasses.

As far as field presets go - if you worked on 10m x 10m grid so we could "Load from Scene", then at least we'd get all objects and images into our scenes, with a density that worked on a known size. The user could then copy and paste the instancing over to their own surface needing grass, and assuming you'd spread the instances within the editor as percentages of cover, it would just be a question of increasing the number of instances until it looked good. It would be easier than loading a whole load of grasses in and experimenting yourself as a user, if you wanted something quick and easy.

Lewis
10-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Nice work - thanks Lewis for converting them over. I have the entire XFrog library, but some of these do look good, especially the grasses.

As far as field presets go - if you worked on 10m x 10m grid so we could "Load from Scene", then at least we'd get all objects and images into our scenes, with a density that worked on a known size. The user could then copy and paste the instancing over to their own surface needing grass, and assuming you'd spread the instances within the editor as percentages of cover, it would just be a question of increasing the number of instances until it looked good. It would be easier than loading a whole load of grasses in and experimenting yourself as a user, if you wanted something quick and easy.

As you concluded yourself it still would be problematic due coverage issues, I tried that and since we don't have density field/option and LW Instancer placing is working on it's own way (read as "little weird") so unless you use relax option at max settings (40 is MAX but will slowdown scen to insance slowness so i rarely use it for grass) you are going to need lot more grass to cover irregular shapes/grass fields than you'd need for instance with with DPont Instancer who covers fields much better with lot less instances but it's 3rd arty requiring pluing/install so i caouldn't add that as regular option. It's just different type of placing/distributing and evne if you load 10*10m added to flat plane and try to copy that to another scene it won't look same density and you have chance to have bald spots on some areas and too dnese on other. Sadly that's the way how LW instancer currently works so you need to adjust that number of instances every time anyway.

Also evne if i woudl make those i'd ned to coply lot of files in mutual directories for scenes to be self contained and that owuld duplicate tons of files. So yeah i get what you are sayign but i've not seen the need for making that mainly due above reasons and users would probably always want different look/mix than what I predicted so it would be wasted effort from my side and much biger files to download/upload ;).
On the other hand you still can do LoadFrom scene 'coz i made scenes for all those grass objects, it's not just LWOs, it's LWS also for each set/type so if is just matter of loadign textures an dmodels that's not problem.

We really need Presets for instancing also and distribution property per cm/m/km..... which would then solve all that nicely sicn eit shoudl be loadign models also (presets) and not just materials/lights/backgorunds.

All in all my MAIN point was to make some vendor notice LW and start supporting it, There is not many DCC sites that really support LW so i hope to spread LW love a bit more and i use models for my projects and i know how PITA is when you have deadlien and you can't buy LW ready models to finish it on time but you need to retexture all you bought form model seeling shops :(.

kopperdrake
10-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I hear what you're saying - and presets for instances would be oh-so-cool. I can't see why distribution by real world measurement couldn't be done reasonably easily - anyone at NewTek reading this? Would be great!

Lewis
10-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I can't see why distribution by real world measurement couldn't be done reasonably easily - anyone at NewTek reading this? Would be great!

Me neither :). And I've sent feature request (with screen/mockup) long ago so crossign fingers for next LW :).

OnlineRender
10-04-2015, 01:43 AM
bump... I bought these assets a few weeks ago, mainly because I knew Lewis was doing the conversion.
NDA atm so I can't show much but it was just to let users know , really good assets a little expensive , but worth it.

Lewis
10-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Just to drop a note that they have 20% off the price for next 2 days

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=283f0c3c290e4e6a1227f6f7e&id=83538de651&e=a14013026a

kopperdrake
10-14-2015, 06:36 AM
Seriously tempted by the grass and trees. The fruit's cool but I don't really get much call for it, but it'd be good to buy for a particular job. Thanks for the heads up Lewis :thumbsup:

Edit: Just bought the PLANTS Complete - 120 all in, great value! Look forward to trying it out!

Lewis
11-24-2015, 05:41 AM
Guys, just to drop you note that VizPark has Black Friday Sale so now is good chance if someone needs some content ;)

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=283f0c3c290e4e6a1227f6f7e&id=c0c011fbd2&e=a14013026a

allabulle
11-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Nice! Thanks for the tip, Lewis.

Lewis
03-21-2016, 05:10 AM
Just an info guys, Vizpark has Spring sale 25% off so in case oyu guys need some models/textures stuff for LW (or other) check it there ).

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=283f0c3c290e4e6a1227f6f7e&id=fcfcbb96cb&e=a14013026a

allabulle
03-21-2016, 05:15 AM
Are the VizPark LightWave objects Octane ready? Or do we need to create the shaders ourselves?

Lewis
03-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Are the VizPark LightWave objects Octane ready? Or do we need to create the shaders ourselves?

Only those which say in description they are :).

Real boulders are LW native + LW Octane ready

Same for Real Fruits (LW native + LW Octane
http://www.vizpark.com/shop/real-fruits/

others (Rela Grass, Real Trees, Interior plants) were converted before I had Octane plugin so they are just for LW native. But with Juan's great work on octane plugin for LW and "Get T" option it's pretty fast to convert since it'll connect you all the texture images automatically after you apply desired material node.

cheers

allabulle
03-21-2016, 06:25 AM
Good to know, thanks Lewis.

Also, I wonder if the leaves in plants and trees come with reflection maps and SSS or translucency. I'll better check the site in case it's documented there. Two silly questions in a row wouldn't look that good. :)

Those were my questions each time I think of buying but ending skipping the promotion until the next. Maybe this time I'll get some trees and grass anyway.

Thanks for the update on the link and promotion, Lewis.

Lewis
03-21-2016, 06:31 AM
Hmm not remember now on top of my head (it's been awhile when i converted it) but i remember it does come with several different leaves/colors (so texturing was "pita" :)). For octane it's easy to simulate by using color correct node on same texture, adjust at will and plug it in to transmission input.

allabulle
03-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Thanks again, Lewis.

Norka
03-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Just bought the trees. Now I just have to convert to LW/Octane. Hopefully they will be sweet. *crosses fingers*

Also, I updated my DP Verdure (DP Tree) last night with the 1.28 and now it works again. Yipee! And with my fancy new 3rdPwrs stuff like LWBrush > Smooth, I can easily fix the funkiness in my DP trunks, which I always seem to get. Nice. Now I can use a bunch of the VP maps (seem pretty good) to make even more trees in DP.

Lewis
03-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Just bought the trees. Now I just have to convert to LW/Octane. Hopefully they will be sweet. *crosses fingers*

You mean you just need to convert to Octane version 'coz LW verison is there (you need to choose form menu/dropdown which app you want) - right ?

m.d.
03-22-2016, 08:44 AM
Dont simply replace the surfacing......the best practice in this regard is to nodally do a lightwave and octane surface in the same node network, and plug the LW network into the 'LW Material' input in the last octane material....(there is a Dpont node that can grab the existing LW layered surfacing and convert it to a nodal network)

This was something I asked for in beta....and it allows you from one switch on the octane tab to globally switch all surfaces from LW render to octane render versions.

Otherwise....if you ever need the LW render involved, you have to either replace objects in your scene, or redo the surfacing......the way I described you just need to click the 'use LW/Octane' on the octane menu and all surfaces switch.

Norka
03-22-2016, 09:24 AM
No, I just meant use Get T Texture Layers in Octane surface node, in regard to converting. I bought the LW version. ;-)

m.d., I have not used LW engine in more than two years, except for twice doing some simple HV renders... But thanx for the tip.

m.d.
03-22-2016, 11:40 AM
No, I just meant use Get T Texture Layers in Octane surface node, in regard to converting. I bought the LW version. ;-)

m.d., I have not used LW engine in more than two years, except for twice doing some simple HV renders... But thanx for the tip.

I am similar, although will have to use LW render for turbulenceFD or HV.....nice to have the option available if you do need to use it for whatever reason

Norka
03-23-2016, 06:59 AM
yo m.d., did it slip under your radar that the (very stable) LW Octane 3 alpha can render TurbulenceFD?

m.d.
03-25-2016, 11:59 AM
yo m.d., did it slip under your radar that the (very stable) LW Octane 3 alpha can render TurbulenceFD?

not at all, but not being able to use the adaptive container yet is a major caveat.....my latest job with TFD had a 600gb cache with the adaptive container and compressed.....the same sim without the adaptive container was pushing 2.5-3 terabytes.
As well as the shading quality is still quite noisy, for this project I found it better to use LW render and the built in fire shader which is quite controllable, and predictable.
I experimented in octane quite a bit but after plugging in ridiculous values and not being able to get the look I wanted, along with the hugely excessive file sizes, I abandoned it and went with LW native render....and the fire and smoke shaders built into turbulence.
Also you loose all the sub-voxel turbulence additions that advect the fluid at rendertime......this leads to having to uprez the sim considerably to achieve the same effect....an uprezzed sim on a non adaptive container can get big quite quickly

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148477-turbulance-tips&p=1450683&viewfull=1#post1450683

adrian
03-27-2016, 08:22 AM
I bought the Realgrass pack the other day and have been experimenting with it since (spent about 6 hours with it). I cannot get anything to look even remotely like the excellent pictures on the site. Awful, truly awful. Guess it's a case of getting the size and lighting exactly right.

The individual models look great but put them together as instances and... yuk. I was hoping this was going to give me an alternative to the LW grass as I found the same issues with XFrog grass. Oh well, back to testing.....

adrian
03-28-2016, 02:09 AM
Just tried the Kentucky Bluegrass and that looks great - guess I might need to play around with the surfacing on the other models because I didn't change the lighting. The others look very flat.

Lewis
03-28-2016, 03:40 AM
Lighting is the key, and also it's hard to get back-light scattering effect in LW with GI - you need direct light to get that effect on translucency.

adrian
03-29-2016, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the tip Lewis and you're definitely right. Even the grass can look flat and washed out if the light is not good - a problem for evening scenes! is there any particular light source that you've found more effective than others? I notice in the sample scene files you use a dome light. it's a pity we can't set the lights to only affect translucency like we can with specular and diffuse.

Lewis
03-29-2016, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the tip Lewis and you're definitely right. Even the grass can look flat and washed out if the light is not good - a problem for evening scenes! is there any particular light source that you've found more effective than others? I notice in the sample scene files you use a dome light. it's a pity we can't set the lights to only affect translucency like we can with specular and diffuse.

Well Dome light was used just for geting soft shadows and overal light for mesh. To see actual leaf translucency in LW you'd need to rotate cemera view to look directly in to the sun to see through leaves. Also i think I've turned off reflection gradient (incidence angle) for simulating fresnel 'coz it renders way longer that way and when you instance such tiny object as grass patches and have so much reflection it's gonna be rendertime killer BUT you can turn it on if you really wish ;). Curent LW render engine is not actually phisically based too much so with faked glossines/specularity/translucency we simulate what we can but Lightwave Next version promises PBR so materials should behave more realistic/easier to get such effect. I know there was some tricks to include multiple light sin W scene and one of them just for spectacular on the plants (exclude all other) and by that increase visible translucency effect also. There is lot of tricks how to achieve it but neither of them is just plug&play in LW ;).

For instance in Octane it's much easier to get translucency effect with same models even from just HDRI lighting, it just works :).

Lewis
07-19-2016, 01:51 AM
Hi!

Just info for those who might need some foliage models :), Vizpark have summer sale (till end of this month) with more than 30% discount on Bundles.
http://www.vizpark.com/product-category/bundles/

cheers

Lewis
11-22-2016, 08:21 AM
They added New release (just got new e-mail newsletter) of VP Rel Flowers
http://www.vizpark.com/shop/real-flowers/

also available for LW and LW+Octane and they have -25% sale/introductory price for couple of days.

cheers

adrian
11-23-2016, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the heads up Lewis, I was about to buy this last night but it seems the extra 25% is not being applied for some reason. Still going to buy this though as this will fill a gap in my Xfrog/Vizpark foliage library.

Lewis
11-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Hi Adrian, I'm not sure is there an extra 25% i think regular price is 99 and now with that introductory discount it is 79. At least tha't show i see it online from those numbers.

cheers and thanks for support :).

kopperdrake
11-23-2016, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the headsup Lewis - purchased, and a further discount with my 'you're a lovely customer' voucher. They fill a nice gap in our XFrog library :thumbsup:

Jaqen
11-23-2016, 03:10 AM
My view is 'buy nothing' till LW3DG proves they're still viable.

Lewis
11-23-2016, 07:52 AM
That's NOT LWG3D product so i fail to see relevance ??

kopperdrake
11-23-2016, 12:05 PM
My view is 'buy nothing' till LW3DG proves they're still viable.

Right-oh. I'll just tell my clients to take a running jump until I know exactly what's happening with a piece of software I don't even own yet. I'm sure they'll understand :thumbsup:

spherical
11-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure is there an extra 25% i think regular price is 99 and now with that introductory discount it is 79. At least tha't show i see it online from those numbers.

Except for the fact that the red spot on the RealFlowers images says -25%, but the banner that shows at the top when the RF page loads (with the -25% red spot still showing) says: "INTRODUCTION SPECIAL - Save 20% until November, 24 !" with a timer running down.

99 - 20% = 79.20
99 - 25% = 74.25

Lewis
11-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Good spot, send mail to them (I'm not one who sells it, you know ;)). Maybe there is some coupon code also or similar or discount when you actually add it to cart.

adrian
11-24-2016, 02:11 AM
On one part of the site it also lists the price as 59 Euros and not 79 which threw me first time round. Anyway I've now bought it, downloaded it and getting ready to play :-)

Lewis
11-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Cool, happy flowering :D.

CaptainMarlowe
11-26-2016, 11:47 PM
Well, I really have to spare some cash for these packages, they look really great.

Lewis
12-13-2016, 04:11 AM
Hi Guys!

Just to let you know that VizPark has 12 days (until Christmas) Free give away. They will give some of their content for free every day till 25th December.

http://www.vizpark.com/12-days-xmas/

allabulle
12-13-2016, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the link, Lewis!

daforum
12-13-2016, 05:14 AM
Thank you for the link and to VizPark for these wonderful gifts.

Niko3D
12-13-2016, 05:15 AM
Thank you!
If you download it, it's interesting to see in the LW preview scene that they use the EXR/HDR in Image World instead of the Texture Environment...like Probe Image but it is not!I didn't know it works in the same way...I have also noticed that if you use the Image World, the exr/hdr are in the right rotation, instead with Texture Envi the image is rotated of 180dg...anyway...

Asticles
12-13-2016, 05:21 AM
Hi Guys!

Just to let you know that VizPark has 12 days (until Christmas) Free give away. They will give some of their content for free every day till 25th December.

Registering! Thanks!

adrian
12-13-2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks Lewis!

spherical
12-13-2016, 09:05 PM

OK. It's gotta be right there somewhere.... but I'm missing it. Where does the free part enter the picture? I went to get the HDR dome for today and the cart is sitting at 14.99 Euros and wanting to connect to PayPal. Yes, I registered and am logged in.

adrian
12-14-2016, 02:17 AM
You probably missed the deadline to get it. I logged in at 5pm yesterday (UK time) and the big red countdown bar said 4 hours left...

Lewis
12-14-2016, 02:19 AM
Yes it's 1 item per day in 24h window (probably German Time Zone (CET) since they are from Germany). Today it'll be new item for another 24h.

sellis
12-14-2016, 03:36 AM
Well, I really have to spare some cash for these packages, they look really great.

I have some of these products and they really are top quality. Worth every penny.

spherical
12-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Yes it's 1 item per day in 24h window (probably German Time Zone (CET) since they are from Germany). Today it'll be new item for another 24h.

Then why wasn't there a new one for the "current" 24 hours?
Now, they say "Expired".

Lewis
12-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Then why wasn't there a new one for the "current" 24 hours?

Who say there isn't ?

There is currently, I see 3d model of Melon free for today (BTW by European CET time not USA) - See attachment for time here now.

BTW you do realize I'm not one their support center/complain to person - right :D :)? I just wanted to give you guys info in case you don't get their newsletter so you can pickup some freebies. Also as you see up in few posts before other users also got freebies just fine, so it's either your Timezone that you happen to always miss it when you are online in your working/free hours or something form your ISP which is not reading/refreshing their WEB correctly.

cheers

adrian
12-16-2016, 02:14 AM
and today's freebie is a Dirt Ground 2 texture. I already have this with the Real Grass pack I bought a while back. Their textures, like the models, are very good.

pinkmouse
12-16-2016, 07:34 AM
...I went to get the HDR dome for today and the cart is sitting at 14.99 Euros and wanting to connect to PayPal...

I had the same issue, and I'm in the right timezone! Today's download was successful though.

1r0nman
12-18-2016, 02:24 PM
and today's freebie is a Dirt Ground 2 texture. I already have this with the Real Grass pack I bought a while back. Their textures, like the models, are very good.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get that 3d height from their textures. It seems like the "roughness" image is good for bump, but the height really requires a displacement. I'm finding I need to do a TON of subpatch levels to get the tiny rocks to protrude smoothly. Is this the right way?

Thanks.

Here's my test render:

I'm just trying to get the same result as their test

Lewis
12-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Does anyone have any advice on how to get that 3d height from their textures. It seems like the "roughness" image is good for bump, but the height really requires a displacement. I'm finding I need to do a TON of subpatch levels to get the tiny rocks to protrude smoothly. Is this the right way?

Well it's not wrong way but that's the LW way to do it since we don't have micropoly displacements so you need to do it with tons of subpatches to get enough dense geometry.
You could try to use APS for subpatch level to make it less dense away form camera but essentially yes you need lot of subDs.

1r0nman
12-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the fast reply

jwiede
12-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Well it's not wrong way but that's the LW way to do it since we don't have micropoly displacements so you need to do it with tons of subpatches to get enough dense geometry.
You could try to use APS for subpatch level to make it less dense away form camera but essentially yes you need lot of subDs.

Or perhaps try DP's micro poly displacement plugin?

Lewis
12-18-2016, 05:21 PM
yes he could try DP plugin, maybe it'll work for him.

Or he could use engine that can do it nicely:
Octane 1 POLYGON (2 triangles actually) and displacement, render time 7 seconds :).

spherical
12-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Who say there isn't ?

There is currently, I see 3d model of Melon free for today (BTW by European CET time not USA) - See attachment for time here now.

Yes, the fruit was available, it was the first that had NO "Expired" and now does, along with the second, that I was commenting on.

BTW you do realize I'm not one their support center/complain to person - right? I just wanted to give you guys info in case you don't get their newsletter so you can pickup some freebies. Also as you see up in few posts before other users also got freebies just fine, so it's either your Timezone that you happen to always miss it when you are online in your working/free hours or something form your ISP which is not reading/refreshing their WEB correctly.

cheers

Seriously? Whatever happened to "Cheer"; especially this time of year. Some seem to use "cheers' a bit too much tongue-in-cheek; as in: "say anything you like as long as there's a smile on your face". I asked a question and even implicated myself as having missed something. Yeesh.

1r0nman
12-18-2016, 08:51 PM
yes he could try DP plugin, maybe it'll work for him.

Or he could use engine that can do it nicely:
Octane 1 POLYGON (2 triangles actually) and displacement, render time 7 seconds :).

Unfortunately I have not invested in Octane... thanks anyway

Lewis
12-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Seriously? Whatever happened to "Cheer"; especially this time of year. Some seem to use "cheers' a bit too much tongue-in-cheek; as in: "say anything you like as long as there's a smile on your face". I asked a question and even implicated myself as having missed something. Yeesh.

Sooooo.... you are still going to continue to complain over a FREE stuff they give away for certain period of time you happen to missed by not being online when it was available to download (as you can see other users got it) ?
How about "thanks" instead for even noting you guys that there is going to be free stuff or thanks to Vizpark to even giving away somethign for free ?

If that is a such burden/problem to you (obviously it is 'coz you keep on banging on this) let me know where to send you that HDRI file and i'll ask VizPark for permission to send you that file.
Is that enough "cheerfull" for you ?

Lewis
12-18-2016, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately I have not invested in Octane... thanks anyway

Then maybe try Denis' plugin as jwiede suggested

DP Displace.
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/DP_Filter.html#Displace

Lewis
12-19-2016, 01:11 AM
BTW guys when they give away free models be sure to click on format/app list, since for most of their models there is LW version no need to get OBJ, MAX or other formats. Granted that's if you want/need LWO/LWS and not some other format. Just notice for menu to click ;).

cheers

adrian
12-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Some great freebies given away over the past few days and I've just used today's freebie to buy the awesome looking Real Boulders collection.

Happy Christmas everyone :-)

jwiede
12-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Yeah, the Dec 24th 'surprise' is quite nice. Lewis, thanks so much for bringing these deals to our attention!

Lewis
02-14-2017, 05:06 AM
Just got this news to e-mail.
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=283f0c3c290e4e6a1227f6f7e&id=9550d092a4&e=a14013026a

Today they have 25% discount to flowers (and plants) collections (just today for Valentines day), so just in case someone is Rendering flowers for his Wife/Girlfriend instead buying real ones it's good to know although I'm pretty sure most females prefer real version instead rendered :D ;).

Ernest
02-14-2017, 07:40 AM
just in case someone is Rendering flowers for his Wife/Girlfriend instead buying real ones it's good to know although I'm pretty sure most females prefer real version instead rendered :D ;).

Hmm, I wonder if they can be 3D printed :confused:

Lewis
02-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Hmm, I wonder if they can be 3D printed :confused:

Hmm, that would be interesting Idea, you'd have to put some nice smell on them but it might fly, although probably x times more expensive idea :D.

Lewis
04-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Hi guys!
I got mail today that they have spring sale (April 11-19).
http://mailchi.mp/vizpark/vp-big-spring-sale?e=a14013026a

Norka
04-10-2017, 10:41 AM
I have Trees 1 & 2 and Flower bundles.. and those are really nice and I use them all the time, but I am not so sure about their textures. I recently used some earned credits and got their plywood texture pack... Yikes. They seem like they were shot with an iPhone, and the spec/bump maps appear to be just grayscale versions of diffuse, with levels cranked. The free plywood textures I got from texturepilot are way better than these.

Lewis
04-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Not sure about those textures (i haven't used them), I use mostly 3D models and i have all foliage and real boulders and they all are very cool. I wish we could have those plugins (Material manager pro and Omnitiles) they produce but those are MAX only :(.

sadkkf
04-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Hey, all--

I just purchased the Real Grass pack and was sent coupon codes for Corona Renderer (10%), Maxwellzone (15%) and Mastering CGI (V-ray, 25%).

I'm not interested in these, so if they can be of use to anyone else. Let me know and I'll pass along the codes.

Lewis
04-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Very generous of you, sadly i don't have use for those either. I'd LOVE Corona for LW but so far not happened.

mch
04-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Vizpark offers a free HDRI Skydome for a few days:

its Easter time again and today wed like to share an Easter Egg as FREE Give-Away with you ... the HDRI SKYDOME 13.

ONLY until MONDAY you can download the HDRI for FREE ... on Tuesday the price will go back to 14,99 again.
http://www.vizpark.com/shop/hdri-skydome-13/?utm_source=VIZPARK+Combined+Lists&utm_campaign=532437f6a4-VP+%7C+Happy+Easter+-+Give+Away&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_73b11d879e-532437f6a4-340185857&mc_cid=532437f6a4&mc_eid=2ab4b6ea11

Don't miss the Lightwave 3D HDRI Lighting tutorial . . .
http://www.vizpark.com/hdri-lighting-lightwave-3d/

Cheers,

Marcus

Ariandesign
04-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Hi to all,
I'd like to purchase the vizpark bundle...
The lightwave files are with quads?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Ari

mch
04-18-2017, 05:03 AM
Hi to all,
I'd like to purchase the vizpark bundle...
The lightwave files are with quads?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Ari

Hi Ari !

The models are tris.

Regards,

Marcus

Ariandesign
04-18-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi Marcus,
Thanks a lot for the fast reply :)
Have a good day and thanks for the info
Cheers
Ari

Clipping path
10-21-2017, 09:47 AM
oops..i guess i am late :/ . i want to buy the plants bundle. but i guess i am too late. but luckily i got the walls and tiles bundle for free :D