PDA

View Full Version : Camera output mapping

Mr. Black
10-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Hey folks!
Wasn't there a way to take the output from a camera and map it directly on a surface? I seem to remember that but I can't for the life of me find it!
Cheers
Jeff

prometheus
10-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Save your image and load it on to the surface :)

cctv shader perhaps, but not sure..donīt seem to map it properly.

Mr. Black
10-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Yeah! That's the one! I knew it was around somewhere.
Cheers much!
Jeff

ccclarke
10-09-2014, 09:33 AM
The CCTV shader is a really nice capability for certain applications. I've used it to display the output from multiple cameras on display consoles, and showing split-screen animation where two characters were talking to each from distant locations, with the camera output mapped to adjacent panels that fill the third (final output) camera display. Another nice capability is mapping video files to monitors or other displays. It's a great effect for the right application.

CCC

Mr. Black
10-09-2014, 11:10 AM
That's sorta what I'm doing here but i can't seem to get it to display anything! I've set it up per/the manual but it doesn't render on the surface. hmmmmm what am i missing?

Mr. Black
10-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Camera 1 looking a a poly with the CCTV effect on it. Camera 2 in another part of the scene looking at an object. Camera 2 chosen as the source for the CCTV shader... nuthin.. Scaling set to "fit Y scale" 1.0 (tried multiple scales) Nutin....

prometheus
10-09-2014, 02:59 PM
the manual with cctv is in lightwave 9 surface and render, if you have it available in your lightwave account.
Are you sure you selected the camera in the shader? by default it is set to none.

ccclarke
10-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Are you using the Perspective camera as your final output? If not, try that.

CCC