PDA

View Full Version : Macro pauses

dharris
10-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Is there a way to put a pause in a macro that waits for a keypress to continue the macro? Or does it just require multiple macros to accomplish? We are trying to run numerous OTS pics with an anchor on screen and it needs to happen faster than manually selecting the buffer and choosing the proper OTS. It would be nice to be able to advance them with a keypress when needed to advance.

Maybe using the GFX channel is the only or better way to go.

Thanks.

kanep
10-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Multiple macros would be the solution right now. I've put in a feature request myself for what you are asking for (keeping my fingers crossed!)

SBowie
10-08-2014, 09:50 PM
It's a good suggestion, has come up a few times, thanks.

PIZAZZ
10-10-2014, 03:38 PM
GO, Pause commands.... Like a lighting board full of scene stacks... Yep could use that.

Couldn't you program a macro that pulls a specific buffer or item number in the DDR/GFX bin? As long as you had enough buttons then it could work.

Speaking of GO buttons... It would be awesome if you could stack a bunch of graphics (or videos) in a GFX or DDR and then hit a button that would auto fade between graphics without having to go back and forth between 2 DDRs... Like an Auto Fade button. That is probably too hard to do though.

joseburgos
10-23-2014, 07:12 PM
First let me say yes to be a great feature and I'll add maybe nesting a macro with-in a macro.
That said, just using the GFX bin and populating it with the images would be the best way to go.
example: Macro one= select M/E shot 3 which moves the talent on the virtual set to the right, next Auto the Key which is delegated to GFX for the OTS. Next is just to press the GFX advance button on the control surface to advance to the next image. Continue advancing until you are on the last image. Macro two= Auto the Key to remove the OTS , Select M/E shot 2 which moves the virtual set talent back to the center.
This looks slick in a virtual set because it gives the illusion of a camera pan and makes quick work of the OTS.

Is there a way to put a pause in a macro that waits for a keypress to continue the macro? Or does it just require multiple macros to accomplish? We are trying to run numerous OTS pics with an anchor on screen and it needs to happen faster than manually selecting the buffer and choosing the proper OTS. It would be nice to be able to advance them with a keypress when needed to advance.

Maybe using the GFX channel is the only or better way to go.

Thanks.

JonRaidel
10-31-2014, 05:30 PM
i just want the Run command so loaded files play quickly and correctly with the rest of the macro. i hope soon