PDA

View Full Version : Thiken

Stephen0523
10-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Hi all. I have lost my Thicken feature again :-( Has anyone figured out the best way to get it back?

ernpchan
10-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Rescan your plugins. Search your Menu Layout for that entry and re-add it to your menus.

I would recommend saving your menu layout after doing this. This way they're easy to restore if things get messed up.

Snosrap
10-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Look for it in the "Sequence" tools in your "Edit Menus and Edit Keyboard" menus.

Stephen0523
10-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Look for it in the "Sequence" tools in your "Edit Menus and Edit Keyboard" menus.

Hi Snsrap. I did what you suggested but I don't even have the sequence menu in the edit menu's area. Any other ideas? Someone sent some screen grabs for a video on how to reset these menus once I have it I will save it as a preset. Also how I save all these as a preset and where's the best place? I have done this with plug-ins that are external.

gerry_g
10-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Do a menu refresh to reset it to the current Lightwave version, with modeller open hit ALT+F10 to get to the config menus dialogue then form the presets button top right toggle it open and change it to anything on the list you like and let go, then reopen the presets button and this time choose the one you want (presumably LW 11.6.3) and let go and close the config panel, this is called a forced refresh and usually solves the problem

spherical
10-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Sequence should be in the left (Command) panel of the Edit Menu Layout dialogue.

Stephen0523
10-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi all, sorry I have been away. Ok, I have given another stab at this, but no luck. I tried loading a new preset, but 11.6.3 is not there. See link. http://prntscr.com/4yfkvk

gerry_g
10-21-2014, 04:55 PM
My bad "Default" is what your final selection should be in Configure Menus panel, default means menu set that matches build number

Stephen0523
10-22-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi Jerry, still no luck :-( I tried setting to default. My 11.6 has thicken. Maybe I will have to wait for an update to LW.

gerry_g
10-22-2014, 09:03 AM
So when you open the Config Menu (ALT/OPTION + F11) and you look under MAIN MENU<MULTIPLY<EXTEND you don't see Thicken ? and if yo rescan the Newtek Lightwave directory by navigation to it in your Applications folder (Newtek<Lightwave3D 11.6.3<Support<Plugins) and rescan it , it still fails to show up here ? very odd

Stephen0523
10-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi Gerry. It is not in the Config Menu panel, but when I go to The NewTek Folder, Support/Plugins/ core_tools/tools it is there!
I am on a Mac, so what is the best way to force load it?

Stephen0523
10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Well I tried under utilities and add the Core Tools Plugin and I now have it buried at the bottom of the Additional Plugins menu! Now I just need to figure out how to get it back into it's correct place under the Multiply Tab.

gerry_g
10-26-2014, 02:34 PM
scanning directory in the Edit Plugins menu is all you need to do there, once its in go back to the Configure Menus dialogue ( ALT+F10 ) and reset the menus using the 'presets' button top right of the panel , toggle it open choose a setting (any) and let go of it then open it again and choose 'default' then exit the Configure Menus dialogue, the correct 11.6.3 menu sets should be loaded and you should be able to find the thicken tool in the Multiply Top Tab under the Extend subheading

gerry_g
10-26-2014, 03:14 PM
just a thought, you did scan the entire Plugins directory in your NewTek app (by just selecting the folder named Plugins and hitting 'Open') with the Scan Directory button in the Edit Plug-ins dialogue when it took you there, you just load them all in one go usually not hunt them down one at a time, besides this you can always set it to automatic by pressing 'O' on the keyboard when you are in Modeler and and about three quarters down the fist panel is a little tcl box to set directory scanning to automatic