PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Pick question

Snosrap
10-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Can Proxy Pick be set up to select multiple items? If not, is there some other tool that does?
Thanks

ernpchan
10-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Maybe add more than one instance of proxy pick to point at your other objects? Been awhile since I've used Proxy Pick.

jeric_synergy
10-06-2014, 09:52 AM
You mean, like a Set of objects? I don't think so, but Scene Editor Selection Sets/Filters may help with the task.

ernpchan
10-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Maybe add more than one instance of proxy pick to point at your other objects? Been awhile since I've used Proxy Pick.

This didn't work. It'll just pick the last item you're pointing to in the list.

jeric_synergy
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
#aflw Do the 'Selection Managers' (aka flyouts) allow multiple selection? You could use a filter to restrict a flyout to a small subset of elements, and that would make multi-select easier. I think (it's been a while) they allow re-ordering so can put things next to each other.....

But yeah, time for a mini-Kickstarter: what's the smallest amount KS will allow?

Are SE selection sets globally accessible? That would ease writing a Master Plugin that implemented multi-selection

Kevbarnes
10-06-2014, 12:58 PM
select multiple items? If not, is there some other tool that does? Thanks

I've been using a plug-in from
Sunrise studios at dstorm
called su_charSelectPanel.p

Here is the link to the website
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/FreePlugins/sunrise/
look under 'SUNRISE-Plugin', half way down find 'su: char_Select_Manager'

It allows you to create a custom buttons, there is two preset functions
'Select' and 'Hide'. Note that the dialogue interface only shows 8 commands implying that only 8 items can be listed
but this is not the case.

Once installed select 'Edit' mode and create a Character and then a Tab
then right click
select character properties and make a name.
select Tab properties and make a name.(You don't need an image).
select all the objects (Nulls Controlers as many as you like)
right click, choose select preset at bottom of list
//a blank button will be created.
select the blank button, or this will be highlighted then right click this to edit properties
edit name - You will see a list of the first 8 items you have included but you won't be able to see the whole list - not yet!
save - using 'Save Character'
give it a name, add . xml to the document suffix - this can then be opened in wordpad where you can see all items,
you can edit it here as well if you wan't. You can also add Items by duplicating the command structure.

I've attached the Zip file here for convenience
but its worth visiting the site - get a copy of
su: Pose_Clip - it brilliant

NOTE: some dialogue labels are in Japanese - let me know if you have aproblem using these plugins
I might be able to help.

Regards Kev

sudac20
10-06-2014, 02:57 PM
What does "pose_clip" do?... Its a pose saver nice (figured it out) . Character picker and pose saver, had some good ones in the past but they have not held up well over the years. Two areas lacking in lightwave. Thanks!:thumbsup:

jeric_synergy
10-06-2014, 03:27 PM
So, char_select_manager WILL do multi-select proxy pics? (I just can't tell...)

Kevbarnes
10-06-2014, 04:42 PM
So, char_select_manager WILL do multi-select proxy pics? (I just can't tell...)

yes - you have to set them up first

this utility can do so much more than just select, when you open the function dialogue you can enter any Lscript command
so I have used it to set up auto IK/Fk selections that automatically activate the null switch for each mode.
I can hide all Fk controls whilst concentrating on Ik controls.
It works on Nulls or Bones
you can make buttons to 'go to Frame' or 'Next Key' in time line or set mesh SubDiv levels

here is an example of one I'm using at the moment

I prefix button with sel = select or vis = visible
I make different parts visible as I need them

Kevbarnes
10-06-2014, 04:48 PM
What does "pose_clip" do?... Its a pose saver nice (figured it out) . Character picker and pose saver, had some good ones in the past but they have not held up well over the years. Two areas lacking in lightwave. Thanks!:thumbsup:

You need to check out the Docs that come with each plug-in. They have to be translated in google but you can get an Idea.
although it was confusing for me to start with
Pose clip is brilliant once its set up - I can post some hints - if you need it

Regards Kev

jeric_synergy
10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Perhaps as people translate the dox for themselves (and improve automatic translation) they can post them to LightWIKI.

Snosrap
10-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I've been using a plug-in from
Sunrise studios at dstorm
called su_charSelectPanel.p

Here is the link to the website
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/FreePlugins/sunrise/
look under 'SUNRISE-Plugin', half way down find 'su: char_Select_Manager'

Regards Kev

Thanks - I'll check that out!