PDA

View Full Version : Applying a morph back onto the base --NEVER MIND (i.e. cautionary tale)

jeric_synergy
10-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I would have sworn that APPLY MORPH would allow one to transfer the morph vector back to the base, or any other morph map, but I would have been wrong.

How DOES one transfer a morph back to the base?? I know it's possible but I've disremembered it.

EDIT: !!! I was right, but I had the workflow backwards.

bobakabob
10-09-2014, 03:34 PM
For the benefit of anyone else wondering go to bottom right of UI - M should be selected- and flip the menu from whatever the morph is called to "base".

jeric_synergy
10-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Right: APPLY MORPH applies the morph vector chosen in the APPLY MORPH dialog to whatever is currently selected, which could be the base, or any other morph map.

PLUS, if you only want to apply a CHUNK of your morph, you can select just those relevant pieces in your current morph map, and only that bit will be affected.

PLUS2, if you want points to continue to move along the same VECTOR, you can apply APPLY MORPH repeatedly.

And there's my community service for the day. :)

Surrealist.
10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
lol... morphing in LightWave.

Actually some cool features in there even if arcane in technology.

The real fun happens in Layout where you can use Morphs in all kinds of creative ways.