PDA

View Full Version : aura /edit screens disapeir

videoconcepts
11-27-2003, 12:21 PM
with the new upgrade my aura and edit screen vanish when i grab a frame in aura, go to the edit screen click to scrub.and they go bye bye. but i can still scrub the time line. yeowza.

Scott Bates
11-27-2003, 01:46 PM
The same thing is happening here, but only in Aura. It happens everytime I open a file requester to import or export anything. I get the interface back by clicking anywhere on the screen and doesn't seem to harm anything, but it is aggrevating.

I'm wondering if it's a glitch in Aura in this patch or if I need to update the NVIDIA display drivers. I'm currently running version 44.03 and just downloaded versions 45.33 and 52.16. I'm about to search this and the other forums since I recall some people having problems with 52.16 and reverting to the older drivers. Any consensus?

tmon
11-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Scott,

You have described exactly what my experience has been with the new build and Aura.

AFAIK, I thought I had the latest nvidia drivers installed, but I'll have to double check...

I'm going to do a full unintall of all VT[3] software and reinstall up to patch 01 next week, then await "patch02b" or whatever.

(And yes, Paul, I have Direct X 9.0b installed!) ;)

Scott Bates
11-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Just updated to the NVIDIA 52.16 drivers and Aura's interface is still going blank everytime I call for a file requester so apparently it's not a display driver problem. This isn't a show-stopper since I just have to click anywhere on the screen and everything comes back, but maybe after the Alien Horde at NewTek has digested their turkey they can do some digging for us.

Taiji, saw your post as I was writing this. I'm also running DirectX 9.0b.

Scott Bates
11-27-2003, 02:55 PM
I've been using the Windows file requester instead of the Aura requester. Just switched to the Aura requester in Edit > Settings > Interface and the problem went away, YMMV.

Scott Bates
11-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Forgot to mention that when exiting Aura(VT), with the "Save this configuration" box checked, it does not do so. When loading Aura the next time all the same modules are there, but they are all sitting on top of each other. Seems like 'nother bug.

Jim_C
11-27-2003, 05:03 PM
I've been having slight aura problems similar for awhile and I've switched nvidia drivers 3 times. If I switch to another desktop then back to Aura , Aura is blank.

I just have to grab the aura window by the top bar drag completely to the bottom of the screen so Aura completely disappears off screen then bring it back up and Viola, there it is.

:rolleyes: :confused:

Whelkn
11-29-2003, 01:55 PM
I use Aura outside of the VT enviroment and it doesnt have any of the problems you have mentioned. Try using it like that and see if that helps.

Jeremy