PDA

View Full Version : Unable to select multi Objects

Danakinobi
10-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I've run into an issue that I can't seem to resolve.

I'm currently using LW 11.6.3

I'm working on a ship that contains multi objects, that have multi layers.

I used to be able to select mulitpule objects that I've loaded into modeler... each had their own layers. I would do this by selecting one object... All of it's layers would then be selected... Then I would hold down shift and Select the next object, with all it's layers and it would show up in modeler as one big object.

But now, I cannot seem to do this... I can only do one at a time now.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't remember changing any of my preferences... I did this with 11.6 with no problem. I thought I could do this with 11.6.3... But I'm not sure what the deal is.

I've attached a sample of my objects and their layers... I can select one, but cannot select the second at the same time and have both selected.124656

:hey:

spherical
10-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes, I've run into the same thing. Thought that I was misremembering. What works is, you have to shift select each individual layer of the second, third or nth objects now. Selecting the top-level of the entire object no longer can be part of a multiple selection. It toggles back and forth. Giant step backward. No one knows why. This needs to be put back the way it was. Serious tedium, when you have many objects having multiple layers. Fog it.

Danakinobi
10-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Ok... Glad it's not just me...

Thanks for the tip. That will have to do for now... But yes... I wish I could select the entire Object instead. Would save me a lot of hassle.

ernpchan
10-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Submit a feature/bug report. Maybe it's a bug.