PDA

View Full Version : How do I plug-in my shaders

Jimstein
03-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Hi!
I am going to do my final software engineering project on nonrealistic rendering and is thinking of plugging this shaders I will make into Lightwave. Can you help me with info on that? Or else it will be into 3Dstudio MAX and you don’t want that… do you? =)

faulknermano
03-06-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Jimstein
Hi!
I am going to do my final software engineering project on nonrealistic rendering and is thinking of plugging this shaders I will make into Lightwave. Can you help me with info on that? Or else it will be into 3Dstudio MAX and you don’t want that… do you? =)

i honestly wouldnt care less. ;)

but in regards to your question, are you asking how you can write your own shaders, or porting shaders from one platform or another?

if so, i think the best place to ask and receive useful info will be the lightwave plugins yahoogroups list. go to yahoogroups.com and look for "LW-Plugins". sign up there and ask away. they're usually very helpful (and SMART) there.

good luck. and for YOUR sake, i wouldnt use MAX. haha..

Jimstein
03-06-2003, 10:50 AM
It is how to port my shaders into Lightwave I am interested in. Info on writing shaders will be of less help but could be interesting as well. :)

I found one god place with info here
http://amber.rc.arizona.edu/lw/shades/welcome.html

But if you still know more good sources so please tell.