PDA

View Full Version : Nodes 4 Noobs: opposite of 'Mod' function? Incrementing integers

jeric_synergy
10-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, I "think" like a noob:

What's the opposite of the Modulo function, a function that gives only the dividend with no decimal remainder?

Or more generally: How do I get an incrementing integer count out of a nodal sub-network?

Thanks.

+++++++
EDIT: fwiw, just searched 3 main PDFs for "Modulo" --- zero hits. I know it's called "mod", but still...
++++
EDIT2: jfc, it's called "modulus" in the damn manual..... god I h8 the frackin' dox....

The answer to my question is the Ceil node-- really, 'Ceil'?? Couldn't call it 'Ceiling"? Those 3 letters just a g.d. deal breaker? I'm surprised 'Floor' isn't named 'Flor'.

Slartibartfast
10-02-2014, 02:11 PM
divide -> floor

called DIV in some programming languages.

jeric_synergy
10-02-2014, 02:20 PM
"Floor", "Ceil" (grrrrr) similar-- rounding up vs rounding down, no?

Slartibartfast
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM
yes! Don't worry, I also always search for the DIV node before I remember I have to make it myself ;)

jeric_synergy
10-02-2014, 02:29 PM
yes! Don't worry, I also always search for the DIV node before I remember I have to make it myself ;)
Yes, but with Compound Nodes, you only have to make it ONCE.

Slartibartfast
10-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Yes, if you remember where you saved it. I'd like the compounds to be saved in the lists among all native nodes!

jeric_synergy
10-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Yes, if you remember where you saved it. I'd like the compounds to be saved in the lists among all native nodes!

??? Can't you load it like an lscript?

That does indeed limit their usefullness.