PDA

View Full Version : ClothFX makes skirt disappear!

jaxtone
10-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi!

I just went into Cloth FX to see if LW 11.6 could brings some life to a skirt on a walking female!

Donīt get me wrong here, itīs just another platonic relation between me and the character ;D

But something strange happens when I have applied preferable settings! Please see attached image
with the settings displayed. The skirt disappear at frame number during the rendering process. The
only part of the skirt that is still there is the belt section of the skirt! The belt part is the part of the
dress I created a simple Weight map for. Itīs named WeightSkirtHold and itīs mission is to keep
the skirt in place!

I just donīt get it? What am I doing wrong here?

Jack

JoePoe
10-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm. I'm gonna have to take a closer look :boogiedow.... :ohmy:.

But seriously. What's going on in the collision tab. AND is the character set up as a collision object :hey:.

... Not saying that's the problem. Just starting with the basics.

Is it possible to post the scene so we can really take a look :D.
Seriously. There are so many variables within the fx setup.

Edit: Oh.... and collision object set to Subdiv... or Advanced. And subdivision order set to last for the skirt.

jaxtone
10-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I will post the scene in a very short time and really appreciate that you and anyone interested are willing to look at it!

JoePoe
10-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? (pun intended :D)

jaxtone
10-07-2014, 11:24 AM
JoePoe!

I have reconsidered the whole ClothFX deal since it was too slow and un-reliable. I changed track back to Syflex and are just about to fix it there since Gerard made some really important updates!

Hold on, I will put up something when I am all done!

Thanks Joe, I really appreciate your effort in helping me!

Slartibartfast
10-07-2014, 02:12 PM
The skirt disappear at frame number during the rendering process. The
only part of the skirt that is still there is the belt section of the skirt!

I don't see the problem.. oh, ofc, you want it to happen at frame zero, yeah? :devil:
Sorry, not to help, but hey - I'm a male! :beerchug:

jaxtone
10-07-2014, 11:16 PM
The thing is that after the updates in Syflex itīs at least ten times faster than ClothFX when doing it the right way, no matter if you are gay or hetero, its just that fast anyway :)

Surrealist.
10-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Yeah Syflex is sweet.

But your issue with the skirt taking off would be very easy to figure out.

As for the settings, there is a lot to be desired there. If for any reason you come back to the Cloth FX solution I can help you out.

jaxtone
10-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Ok Surrealist!

I really appreciate that you are willing to help! Bless!

bazsa73
10-12-2014, 11:14 AM
never mind, stupid joke....