PDA

View Full Version : Aliasing in LW footage

Columbo24
10-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi
I'm having an alias problem when I bring my animated footage into FCP7. I'm rendering LW animations as a Quicktime H.264.I change this to pro res 422 LT in mpeg stream clip or in AE. When I play it on my Mac it's perfecto. When I import it to FCP7 it's becoming aliased. I had this problem with inter-laced footage before, but if I went to sequence settings and set field dominance to none the alias would disappear on regular footage. It's weird …there is no aliasing on the footage, only the After Effects lettering and the LW lettering and objects. Again I play the footage on my computer LW footage is great.
The one thing is the footage from LW and AE has an upper field dominance. Shouldn't I be getting progressive footage from LW. Why does my footage have an upper field dominance and could this be causing my aliasing? I'm banging my head against the wall.
Has anyone had that problem with any editing software, I'm perplexed.
Also does anyone have exact settings they use when rendering globals to avoid aliasing? I just use quicktime h.264 is there another codec that works well w/FCP7.
Thanks in advance.
Bill

ernpchan
10-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I always render to image sequences to avoid any codec compression.