PDA

View Full Version : Selection focus switches back to pasted geometrry

bazsa73
09-29-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm utterly irritated by that newly introduced feature-bug that whenever I select-copy-transform anything
and finally hit the shortcut for paste to place the transformed geometry back to its original position the selection
focus switches back to the pasted geometry when it should rather stay on the one which has been transformed.
It worked for ages in an opposite way, I can't imagine why anyone find this stupid behaviour useful.

Waves of light
09-29-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm sure this was in one of the manuals and how to revert to the old method...

Is this what you mean (from page 270 of the 11.6 Addendum pdf):

Previously, when you copied elements of a layer to duplicate them, you needed to be careful about
what was selected and what was not. Often you ended up using a second layer to hold your copied
geometry in so you could move it, then cut it and paste it back into the original layer. This is quite
an awkward workflow, but it’s the way that LightWave has always done it, so if you are comfortable with the workflow you can reinstate the old behavior. The change that has been made is that
newly-pasted geometry is now selected, so you can immediately move it without fear of disturbing
the original geometry.

If you wish to preserve the previous behavior because of muscle memory, replacing PasteNew with
Paste is simple. For users familiar with the keyboard shortcut for pasting (Ctrl-v), then all that needs
to be changed is the default PasteNew command for the Edit > Paste command in the Configure
Keys panel (Alt-F9).

lertola2
09-29-2014, 01:49 PM
You have the choice of the old or new method. On a mac if you use command-C when you paste the object the original selection remains. If you just use C as the copy command you get the new behavior of the pasted polygons being the selected ones. I actually find that to be useful. I am not sure what the equivalent to command-C is on a PC though.

erikals
09-29-2014, 01:56 PM
I can't imagine why anyone find this stupid behaviour useful.

well,... i love it... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

copying / pasting polys can be a real drag without it...

Ztreem
09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I just found out today that pasted geometry get selected, what a nice feature, brilliant!

bazsa73
09-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Thank you all. I had a vague feeling that this has been a communal request but I did not
exclude neither the option that it's a bug.

--edit--
Yeah, it works again.
Thank you guys.