PDA

View Full Version : The changed selection buttons-feedback

prometheus
09-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Hi guys, just thought I throw out a question of how you feel the workflow is working for you with the changes of the selection buttons to the left button menuīs Vs having it the old way at the bottom bar?
Do you find yourself working more smoothly with them, or do you feel uncomfortable with it somehow?

Personally I am little unsure of it...I also think it is occupying button space through out the whole menu system for each tab there is, since it has to be visible in every tab menu and thus reducing the amount of visible
tools you can have in those menus, the bottom menu I think could increase selection modes buttons and still keep the old way, and apart from that ..the bottom menu donīt have any other tools that is needed to show up there.

I also feel that it somehow was easier to distinct the active selection mode when it was located in the bottom bar, since your mind donīt have to wrestle with other button items when focusing on it.

What do you people think?

Michael

Ztreem
09-29-2014, 09:42 AM
I don't really feel a difference anymore as I only use the spacebar to change mode and look at the mouse cursor to see which mode I'm in. I though it was strange at first when they moved the buttons but now I don't notice the change anymore.

Snosrap
09-29-2014, 10:40 AM
I moved them down to where they were. I use the space bar to switch modes too and after many years of using LW that's where my eyes want to go to look to see what mode I'm in. -Although honestly most of time I just look at my cursor.- :)

Oedo 808
09-29-2014, 11:00 AM
-Although honestly most of time I just look at my cursor.- :)

Me too, in fact I don't miss them at all because I'd already zapped them from the toolbar. Although more recently the cursor has an annoying habit of not updating until moved, on occasion.

prometheus
09-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback on it, even though some of you donīt see any big difference or issue with it, I think I will re-configure it, just as snostrap experience it..I do to, besides, having them in the left menu will undoubtly occupy more space in the whole UI menu system, where there could be more room for other tools, the bottom bar distinguishes itself as a non tool bar by design, and is by design implemented as selection tools, for either knowing which selection you are in, or which subpatch mode you are working with or
if you are working with morph, weight or uv maps or point selection sets, thats all that I think is needed there, along with implementing item selection as was planned for core.

Michael

Snosrap
09-29-2014, 07:24 PM
the bottom bar distinguishes itself as a non tool bar by design, and is by design implemented as selection tools, for either knowing which selection you are in, Exactly! It was somewhat curious to me as to why they made this change. I guess they wanted to get it up there with the selection options. Oh well - no biggy.