PDA

View Full Version : Help please with Aura and hub error

Itron
03-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Sorry if this is an obvious question but would really appreciate some help.

When I start up Aura from the desktop item, it works fine. However, if I try and start Aura from the hub I receive <File not found! -c"C:Documents> error message. Also if I close Aura when the Hub is running it causes a Dr Watson error. If the hub is not running it shuts down fine.

I have noticed in the hub settings that Aura, Modeler and Lightwave all have the correct path to the program exe files in the launch processes section, followed by C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator

I know the various *.cfg files reside in this folder, but am not sure if this is what is causing Aura the problem due to the spaces between the names as referenced in a couple of other threads. I tried just renaming these paths to C:\Newtek and putting the various cfg files in this new location, but the paths in the hub reverted to the original C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator folder and created new cfg files.

So should I be trying to change these paths, and if so how? or should I be changing some other config files to prevent Aura having a fit when loading and shutting down using the hub?

Help.... I am confused!!

Many thanks

Mark

GruvSyco
03-07-2003, 01:39 AM
I'm having the same problem myself. It looks like a couple threads down there is some talk about it too. One person proposed a possible fix but, it didn't seem to work for me.

Itron
03-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi All,

Just had this reply from Tech Support re my initial queries -

"Thank you for your interest no the effect should not be real time. As for starting Aura using the hub it is something I will have to look further into. For now just start it from the desktop or create a quick launch icon on the task bar for it."

So hopefully we might have some solution soon!!

Itron