PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.7 free with the purchase of a 3d printer.

Wade
09-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Ok the title grabs you (even if misleading) but the idea should be acted on post haste.
You could offer a limited version of LW buy really why just make it happen and happen now.

Hey LW3D Group offer Lightwave 11.X free with the purchase of one of any number of 3D printers. Team up the makerbot or some other...
How do you keep this from flooding the market with cheep seats of Lightwave --
Simply add a 3d in the serial number and have those seats only transferable if they have been
through one or more upgrades..

Thought provoking times in 3D with all that is going on.

Of note - back in the day 15 years ago I could only bring myself to get Photoshop when it came with a scanner.
This transformed my career and as all soft drugs do lead me into the hard core stuff like Lightwave. But again at first it was an "education"
version that got out of hand and I know own 3 seats and have up graded from 6 to 11.6. Sad to say I have also push a few sales on friends and even in the work place. There was one time I demoed at siggraph when in was held in San Antonio.

So moral of the story get them hooked you have a great product in LW3D.

Svenart
10-01-2014, 08:01 AM
No bad idea, sounds interesting so far. Maybe not for free, but in a bundle for a reduced price.

Sensei
10-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Great idea. Bundle regular LW with 3D printers.

lightscape
10-02-2014, 07:22 PM
This is an absolutely great idea!
3D printing is still in its infancy but the business is booming. Both for 3d printing manufacturers and projects involving 3d printing.
Adobe has been taking pshop cc to be the end all be all of 3d printing tools.
Lightwave has the edge of starting some tools to check for compatibility already.

I already mentioned many times that Newtek should partner up with Shapeways to create a plugin that would allow models to be sent directly for print just like Sketchfab.

3D Kiwi
10-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Adobe used to do that with premiere and photoshop. I remember buying a video capture card years ago and it cam with premiere and same with scanners they used to come with photoshop. Great idea.