PDA

View Full Version : I love the online tutorials !!!

rednova
09-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Dear Friends:

I watched a few online lightwave tutorials on youtube. These tutorials really rock !!!
I was very happy to watch !!!
I watched: modeling a reptile head with splines/splinegod, modeling an angry bird,
and modeling a dolphin in lw 11.
I absolutely loved these videos, the tutorials are great.
Well, I am looking forward to watch all of them !!!
Love !!!

andypete
09-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Wow, I just watched the new tutorial on news section of lightwave3d.com: Front Projection Camera Mapping. Incredibly useful. After a year of product design and integration for a client, we're ramping-up for animation. I'm going to do it LightWave. I was on the fence, but this video alone tipped the scale.

prometheus
09-28-2014, 11:45 AM
There´s an enourmous amount of free tutorials for the lightwave community, and also on youtube, unfortunatly I don´t think there´s one major link site that can collect as many as possible, it would take some effort for someone to gather all that so it is understandable.

On newteks ftp site, you can collect a huge amount of free videos by downloading several videos by selecting them all at once through some ftp software, many of those are the same as providing in the 24 hour training series.
Apart from that there is old siggraph videos which are very useful too and by themself they are full tutorials as well.
And of course the lightwave3d youtube channel has a lot too.
The problem is there´s so many hours to watch :)

jeric_synergy
09-28-2014, 11:49 AM
If you desire a more focused experience, but not free, I recommend tutorial videos from Liberty3d.com. I've never regretted any of my tutorial (or any other) purchases from Liberty3d, they are truly bargains.

They also a a fine purveyor of various specialty tools for Lightwavers, tools that can really reduce the migraine and hair loss rate.

andypete
09-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the response, I’ll check these out. My particular needs are twofold: a general refresher (I started with LightWave), and to come up to speed with new features and techniques (since version 8.5). RebelHill’s node and rendering tutorial and some others look essential.

A personal observation that I have is that NewTek is positioned to capture a big chuck of the market I’m entrenched in. Not just product visualization, but the middle ground that includes design and integration. Where client ideas and products connect with the context you create for them.

There are CAD loaders for various polygonal applications but it’s not really enough. To really jell, you need to be able to supply geometry that is as native as possible to the formats used by the others you’re working with. LWCAD almost gets me there. Until then, Solids and NURBS will be in the mix.

Regards, rednova. I didn’t mean to take over your thread.

rednova
09-28-2014, 01:32 PM
@andypete
Regards, rednova. I didn’t mean to take over your thread.

On the contrary, I am really happy you commented on my post :)
I love your comments.

erikals
09-28-2014, 05:24 PM
yes, many great free ones >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?125893-LightWave-Training-just-a-list&p=1220226#post1220226

rednova
11-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi:
Again I checked the online tutorials on youtube !!!
I was happy to watch: The cg water tutorial, modeling a fish, and digital minds' mocap demo.
I loved these tutorials, and they are free !!!
I am definitely gonna keep watching !!!

Waves of light
11-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Check out Ivan Barbarich's tutorials on YouTube too.

He's kicking out some really good ones at the moment.

brent3d
11-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Dear Friends:

I watched a few online lightwave tutorials on youtube. These tutorials really rock !!!
I was very happy to watch !!!
I watched: modeling a reptile head with splines/splinegod, modeling an angry bird,
and modeling a dolphin in lw 11.
I absolutely loved these videos, the tutorials are great.
Well, I am looking forward to watch all of them !!!
Love !!!

My channel has Lightwave tutorials old and new with live demonstrations as well, tons of Lightwave fun in the classroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ39JgNEGMM

shrox
11-03-2014, 08:43 PM
"I love the online tutorials !!!"

I concur.

vector
11-03-2014, 09:43 PM
When I started with LW (and I wasn't one of the Amiga users, sadly) those tutorials were sci-fi, so I'm happy too