PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4

Jimzip
11-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Hey Guys 'n gals!
This is my first ever submission into the finished work gallery!
It took me from 10:07 AM on Tuesday until 1:28 that night/next morning to do, working solid.
I thought it's about time I posted something in here, and I got one of these last week.. (Never been happier!!!)
Anyway here it is, enjoy!

Jimzip :D

dark_lotus
11-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Awesome,

Great work there Jimbo!

Thats like the cooooooolest thing you've ever created (and i thought you'd stuck a photo on here).

Holy mother of ganesh.

renderingfarmer
11-27-2003, 12:58 AM
Oh wonderful. I thought "woh, poor old Jim's finally lost it. He's posting Apple Ads in here now." But na, you did all that. Very cool.
How about modeling my 17"PB? Or better yet a nice dual 2GHz G5 to compliment the Notebook. They go together so well, it's a shame there's all that money involved.

j0SH
11-27-2003, 04:41 AM
i've seen this somewhere lol

i thought i'd find it here...so um...you already no what i think...sooo...yeah...bye!

veljko
11-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Cool image!

Did you do it as a job, or you just love your Apple that much?:)

Shame we cant see the apple signe on the back of the labtop..

Kuzey
11-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Coolness....and such few polygons!!

Kuzey

Jimzip
11-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys!

Originally posted by renderingfarmer

Oh wonderful. I thought "woh, poor old Jim's finally lost it. He's posting Apple Ads in here now." But na, you did all that. Very cool.
How about modeling my 17"PB? Or better yet a nice dual 2GHz G5 to compliment the Notebook. They go together so well, it's a shame there's all that money involved.

Mmm... G5....
Perhaps that will come soon..
The powerbook however. I modeled one of the 15" ones for a project this year, although it was very quick.
Heh, yah, Apple stuff is expensive, but I guess I'd be paying that extra $300 on repairs if I got a PC anyway! ;)
And on the Apple ads, there's no icons on the desktop, well, no green HD icons anyway!
Oh! I just realised I had Modeler open when I took that screenshot! Heh heh!

Originally posted by veljko

Cool image!

Did you do it as a job, or you just love your Apple that much? :)

Shame we cant see the apple signe on the back of the labtop.

I'll put up an image to show you the Apple! Also, yeah, I just love Apple that much, been a customer since '86. :D
I would love to do this kind of thing as a profession. That's what I'm trying to head towards.. Well, that and working at Pixar!

Originally posted by Kuzey

Coolness....and such few polygons!!

Kuzey

Thanks Kuzey! Yeah, I tried a different modeling style for this project. I've never tried to accurately make a laptop before, and boy, reference images for Apple's stuff isn't really easy to find.. But at least I finished this model.

Josh! Thanks man!
Glad you take the time to comment on both sites! :)

Ade
11-30-2003, 02:11 AM
U deserve a real ibook for that model...!

riki
11-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Nice job looks convincing. Maybe the lighting is a tad to harsh though??

Coopzilla2005
11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
you should send that to the lightwave gallery im sure they would put it on there

renderingfarmer
11-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Take a look at this (http://www.apple.com/ibook/) (click "take a closer look" on the right)

unreal. Look at that. Compare the two. This is quite an accomplishment.

~DD~Apocalypse
11-30-2003, 07:47 PM
HOLY REALISM BATMAN!!!

I've seen awesome things so far.. but this, oh no no no, this deserves a FRIGGIN awesome

Jimzip
12-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Hehe, thanks renderingfarmer, that's where I got the text from!
The reference images I used were also from the 'take a closer look' link there! Someone's on the ball!

~DD~Apocalypse, a Friggin' Awesome as in the one they give in MacAddict? Heh heh..

Coopzilla2005, you know, ever since I first saw the Newtek website and their gallery, before this new site came along, I hoped I was going to see something of my own in there. If this get's in, that's a tick off my 'to do' list! :)

riki, believe it or not, the only way I could get the model to look like the pictures on the Apple website was to up the Radiosity intensity. I tried fiddling around with lighting, but used a skydome in the end because it became too fiddly. I got it as close as I could and yes, it's a bit harsh, but thank you for saying you saw it too!

Thanks fellas.

Fistandantilus
12-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Wow!!Amazing!!.I even compared this and the original and looks exactly the same.Awesome work..;)

~DD~Apocalypse
12-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Jimzip

~DD~Apocalypse, a Friggin' Awesome as in the one they give in MacAddict? Heh heh..

err this is the ranking

OMEGA AWESOME - Reserved for me =D
FRIGGIN AWESOME
AWESOME
WOW
GREAT
ok...
Errrr...
booo....
yucky
get a life...

teehee

Jimzip
12-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Excellent! I love that ranking system!

SamuraiSlayer
12-09-2003, 04:33 PM
u kno... its too bad we cant download one 'a them G4's off Napster or something, sure would be nice

i dunno if any1 asked this bcuz i didnt read ALL the replies, but have you thought about asking apple if you could do one of there commercials? (If you havent already, as i said, i didnt read all the replies) ;) :p

and NICE JOB!!!

Jimzip
12-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Hehe, that would be an awesome idea if it worked. What I wouldn't do to work at Apple doing that:rolleyes:! I would love to do stuff like that, but I'm guessing you have to have some kind of industry experience before they hire you. I know Pixar (Where I want to end up!) requires three years industry experience.. But that's an animation studio..
Eh, I don't know.
But thanks for commenting anyway!